cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

Blackpixels
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Well i think it's clear now with the highest upvotes and reactions that Dropbox needs to fix this.

- Rosetta is not the solution.

- Dropbox uses to much cpu and ram now which affects the battery life

- Many people will move if they don't fix it even paying business users like me.

- It's nonses that we have to ask for it.

- Dropbox had almost a year to work on this.

- Much more to find about this problem in the comments

I see it's in review now god thanks. Still weird that we have to beg for it.

kalafalas
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

wow, I've been sitting patiently for a M1/Finder Extension version, but seems like that's never coming. Time to cancel my subscription and finally move everything to iCloud Drive. too bad

willc1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Please don't require us to use Rosetta.

Tim T.
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes, please provide native support for Apple silicon.

TillmanZ
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Well, at least it's officially "in review" state now...

Benson1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Wake up Dropbox!

We have a Dropbox Business plan with 24 team members.  We have a considerable investment into building Dropbox into our workflow and I've been a proponent for several years.  We are a creative agency with primarily Macs and are upgrading many workstations to the new M1 chip machines.  We share approval rounds with many enterprise clients who have commented on the ease and smoothness of our workflow.  Rosetta won't be an option for us.  Please make this happen!

Michael

A Colorado IT Director

MrMcBlack
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dropbox - as a Business Premium Customer, I can assure you to cancel Dropbox and move away to another service If you don't support Apple Silicon natively. This is outrageous. I thought your Company stands for innovation and state of the art, not for "adapt if mandatory on the very last resort". ......

Shameful... 

smcc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Huge miss for Dropbox to not support M1 macs. Was wondering why my battery was draining so quickly 🤦‍

jpduchesneau
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been a Dropbox fan since 2009 and I've been using it with my company for the last 7 years.

I've been insisting to keep Dropbox even though we're paying for Google Drive and One Drive for each of our employee.... because I thought it was better and more simple.

I just got my new MacBook Pro yesterday and I was doing the setup and downloading all the apps when I found out that Dropbox didn't even support M1!! I was shocked! Even Adobe has M1 versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.

I was even more shocked when I read Dropbox's position and complete lack of plan to support Apple silicon Macs. How is this not a priority?! Why do you even need support from the community? It doesn't make any sense. It's a complete lack of vision to understand the very basic concept that Apple is moving most of it's computers to M1... 

I'm now considering moving all of my data to Google Drive considering I'm already paying for it and that it supports M1 macs.

I'm very very disappointed by your company.

ConorOKelly
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please update your app for apple silicon

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard115 New member | Level 2
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
    jlaguna Experienced | Level 12
    Michael C.143 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?