cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @paulinhobrizola, hope it’s alright to jump in here. 

Can you please toggle the setting for the early releases to off and then back on? 

After that, try to install the app via our offline installer instead. 

Let me know if there’s any difference!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

paulinhobrizola
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It worked out. Now working with Apple M1. Thanks for the quick turnaround! 🙂

mbierman16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Has anyone been able to download the beta for M1 native? I did everything listed to get access. Access was promised within 24 hours of setting preferences to include betas. I have not received a link nor do I see anything when I login via the web that would let me download the beta version for M1. Has anyone successfully downloaded it, and if so, where's the link to the download?

strutton
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Is anyone seeing any memory "improvements" with the native M1 version? On my system DB still seems to a be a memory hog using over 750MB of RAM collectively. 

mcarpentier
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm running it now since it came out, so that's about a week. Works fine, no glitch whatsoever. 

Best regards --Mike

mbierman16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The offline installer worked great - thanks to whoever posted that!

chetman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Sweet lord, I was going to complain about the half gig the existing client uses. In fact, I still am -- I'm definitely looking for other services at this point b/c Dropbox has become really, really bloated. Plus, I also jut got a mail from Dropbox saying Dropbox isn't going to work correctly with the upcoming MacOS 12.3 release. That's absurd, given the lead time Apple provides on these things -- but, of course, it's also not surprising given how Dropbox put updating their Mac client for M1 so far on the back burner.

Nate_C
Super User
Go to solution

The beta build has been working great on my M1 Pro! Super excited to finally have native ARM support.

jmb275
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Did I miss somewhere that SmartSync will not work in the betas? Mine certainly doesn't work and I've not been able to see way to fix it.

I am pretty disappointed that we're two generations into Apple Silicon and Dropbox still doesn't have something that is reliable and working.

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Certainly works here. I have hundreds of GB as online-only

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard115 New member | Level 2
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
    jlaguna Experienced | Level 12
    Michael C.143 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?