cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't setup Dropbox Backup on my Business account

Can't setup Dropbox Backup on my Business account

Gioxx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello. I have two Dropbox accounts configured on my business Windows laptop (the personal account and the work also).

On the personal account I use Dropbox Backup for my MacBook, I ran the setup a long time ago now and forgot about it, it works, I'm happy.

Recently I have enabled (I'm one of the admins) Dropbox Backup for all our company users and I would like to activate it on my laptop to backup also this PC. The problem is: if I try to activate Dropbox Backup, I can't choose to setup it on Dropbox Business folder, it automatically save "PC" on my Dropbox Personal area, near "Mac".

I've tried to deactivate and reactivate the backup searching an option to switch the account but without success. I've tried also to search a solution in the community and FAQ too, wihtout success.

Can anyone help me to backup this PC using the right Dropbox account?

Thanks in advance.

Giovanni.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gioxx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello, in the meantime Dropbox has released updates to its client that - among other things - have finally delivered the much-desired solution.

Gioxx_0-1683900036368.png

I was finally able to change and select which of my Dropbox accounts to move the company laptop backup to.

I am very happy and it seemed right to update the discussion here on the forum.

Have a nice weekend.

Giovanni.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Gioxx, thanks for posting here! 

Let's check why you're coming across this set-up issue, when you try to enable Computer backup for your Business account. 

It might sound trivial, but are you sure that you're under your Business account on the app, when trying to set up Computer backup? 

Also, which version of the app do you run on your Windows laptop? You can find this, by locating your Dropbox icon on the task bar, next to your WiFi and hovering your mouse there. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Gioxx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Ciao @Megan.

Thanks for your interest.

@Megan wrote:

It might sound trivial, but are you sure that you're under your Business account on the app, when trying to set up Computer backup? 

Yes. But I can reproduce the same problem if I start Dropbox Backup client and trying to switch account, simply I can't. Take a look here, I can't see the business account but my Dropbox client is configured with the business account and linked (from web) with my personal (Family) one.

Gioxx_3-1678368603355.png

@Megan wrote:

Also, which version of the app do you run on your Windows laptop? You can find this, by locating your Dropbox icon on the task bar, next to your WiFi and hovering your mouse there. 

I'm using 170.3.5822.

Gioxx_1-1678368252386.png

Gioxx_2-1678368539949.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Gioxx, thanks for all the added screenshots! 

Based on your helpful info you've provided, it seems you're using our Beta version on your Windows device. That could be the culprit of what you mentioned.

I'd suggest that we tackle this one first. Please access your account settings on the Dropbox website, and turn Early releases off. Once you do that, please re-install the app, and check if you can then enable Computer backup. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Gioxx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I usually use beta releases to make tests before our company users receive the new version of Dropbox client but ok, I have deactivated the option in my profile to test your suggestion.

I will back to you with some news when my laptop will update Dbx client.

Thanks 🙂

Gioxx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Ciao @Megan.

I have installed latest stable build but the problem is not solved.

If I start Dropbox Backup I can't change the account in use and I can't tell Dropbox to backup my company laptop on the Enterprise account and not on my personal one.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Gioxx, thanks for the info, I'd recommend checking with the support team directly on this matter for them to assist further on their end.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Gioxx
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello, in the meantime Dropbox has released updates to its client that - among other things - have finally delivered the much-desired solution.

Gioxx_0-1683900036368.png

I was finally able to change and select which of my Dropbox accounts to move the company laptop backup to.

I am very happy and it seemed right to update the discussion here on the forum.

Have a nice weekend.

Giovanni.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Gioxx Helpful | Level 6
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?