cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or property.

CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Cannot find object or property.

keithfkelly
Helpful | Level 6

As  multiple other users have already reported over the last couple years, I am seeing many of these error events in my Windows 10 Event Viewer, all coming from the DbxSvc (Dropbox service) event source.

Can you all please fix your desktop client software to stop spamming my event logs with these errors?  This issue has dragged on far, far too long already.  Either stop emitting these errors, or fix the underlying problem.

Thank you.

75 Replies 75

keithfkelly
Helpful | Level 6

I'm still seeing the same issue I originally reported.  The fact of the matter is that Dropbox support doesn't give a flying f--k, and neither do the Dropbox software engineers.  Nobody takes pride in their craft anymore, I guess.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @General Stix and @keithfkelly, sorry to see you're having trouble with this. 

Can you let me know what troubleshooting steps you've followed so far?

If you're on a paid plan, have you also tried contacting our support team about this?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

keithfkelly
Helpful | Level 6
There's nothing to troubleshoot. This is a bug in your software. Fix it.

Homegrown Phenom
Helpful | Level 6
And then to answer your question, yes I'm on a paid plan and contacted your support three times about this over the past two years to know avail.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Homegrown Phenom, do you have the ticket ID in order to locate it on the system? Thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Homegrown Phenom
Helpful | Level 6
Ticket 12301738 it was a larger issue and you can look at my last message and email to you guys regarding this exact issue which was related to the main file attribute issue that you could system has with windows and it went completely ignored.

keithfkelly
Helpful | Level 6
And yes, I am also on a paid plan. But no, I haven't wasted my time contacting paid support about this. You should fix issues in, and provide equal support for, your free software, too. Stop treating users of your free offerings as plebians unworthy of your efforts.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Homegrown Phenom, thanks for the ticket number! 

I was able to locate it on our end, and it seems you never got the chance to try out the latest steps the agent had provided you with, in order for you to get back to him. 

Did you have a chance to try out the advice they had provided, in order to resolve the issue at hand?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Homegrown Phenom
Helpful | Level 6
Yes I did, and I replied to the email. In fact I replied with my own investigation and mentioned of what I've tracked down to be the cause being the DBX in Windows event viewer as critical errors that continue to occur five times per startup or restart. Uninstalled and then reinstalled everything. These are not solutions. Happened on all Windows computers that we have. This is with Keith is referring to as you guys just passing the sack and developers not resolving or wanting to resolve the issues.

SC9119
New member | Level 2

Of course its immediately replied to as a "customer didn't do something" response.  They didn't expect you to have a ticket number.  

I'm having the exact same issue.  Its a bug in your software and its super annoying.  Some intern didn't take out their debugging code and no one at dropbox gives AF.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TD902 Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Old_timer New member | Level 2
    RBurn2024 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?