cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Capture doesn't open

Dropbox Capture doesn't open

Alex_P
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi all,

I've just recently tried to install Dropbox Capture to replace my Loom account, but after installing the app, I do not have the icon in my menu bar, and I cannot find how to record any videos with it. I'm on MacOS and I see the process running in the Activity Monitor, but no luck using the software.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Alex.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone!

Just letting you know that this bug was fixed. So sorry about it again. You can download and install the app from https://www.dropbox.com/capture and it should show up properly on the tray!

Thank you for your patience 🙏🏽

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Alex_P, I'd be happy to help! 

Have you tried uninstalling the re-installing the app by any chance? If not, can you give this one a go? 

If you could also let me know the OS version that you have installed on your Mac, that'd be amazing. 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Alex_P
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @Megan,

Thank you for writing back.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no result. I have MacOS Monterey 12.5 installed.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to try.

Cheers!

gloriaxiawei
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the exact same issue. Tried uninstall and reinstall. Also MacOS Monterey 12.5. I was never prompted to sign in to my dropbox account. When I clicked on the app, it didn't do anything. However, it must be open because it won't let me remove it. I had to restart the computer in order to remove it and reinstall it. It still won't work.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey guys, happy Friday to both of you!

Can you try connecting to a different WiFi or using cellular data, is possible? 

Also, do you have any antivirus / security settings installed on your machine, by any chance? If you do, can you try disabling them temporarily, see if it does the trick? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

gloriaxiawei
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Megan, I tried connecting to cellular service and still no luck. I'm about to try shut down all programs and try to open dropbox capture and see if it works. I will be back with results shortly.

gloriaxiawei
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Shut down all programs and tried, still no luck. It works fine on my PC! Thank you.

Alex_P
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @Megan,

I've tried disabling antivirus and firewalls, changing wi-fi but no luck on my side. I can see the process starting in the Activity Monitor, but it doesn't appear in my menu bar.

d3lee3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue. macOS Monterey version 12.5 

M1 Max chip 

In "Activity Monitor", it is showing up as "Intel." The process is running but nothing on the menu bar. 

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

So sorry everyone about this issue. We are aware of this one. Currently solving it. Will let you know once it's resolved!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    MichelleH2702 New member | Level 2
    YoucefDropbox Dropbox Staff
    gloriaxiawei Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?