cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox and Windows 11 - not autostarting

Dropbox and Windows 11 - not autostarting

Neil_Stanley
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Although all the settings say it should be, my recently installed copy of Dropbox on a new W11 machine is not autostarting on switch on. I'm having to start it manually. One PC and 2 iOS systems can use the account. Old PC previously disconnected.

Any ideas? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Neil_Stanley wrote:

Tried that (144.4.4491) - on reboot still no tray icon but DbxSvc exists in Task Manager.

Go into Windows Settings/Apps/Startup and make sure Windows hasn't disabled the startup of Dropbox.

0228f91c5443e7073b87e2d751fb9cbb.png

View solution in original post

46 Replies 46

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you tried a reinstall?

www.dropbox.com/downloading 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Neil_Stanley
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Tried that (144.4.4491) - on reboot still no tray icon but DbxSvc exists in Task Manager. File moved to Dropbox folder didn't appear on other devices until I forced Dropbox start (when 3 additional Dropbox tasks appeared in Task Manager as did tray icon). 

Thanks.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Neil_Stanley wrote:

Tried that (144.4.4491) - on reboot still no tray icon but DbxSvc exists in Task Manager.

Go into Windows Settings/Apps/Startup and make sure Windows hasn't disabled the startup of Dropbox.

0228f91c5443e7073b87e2d751fb9cbb.png

Neil_Stanley
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks, that found it - I had looked there previously and it had been set to start.

Neil_Stanley
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Oh dear! This morning it's still set correctly but Dropbox didn't start up on it's own.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Neil_Stanley, If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Neil_Stanley
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Been with Dropbox since it first became available so on the basic plan now with 3 devices linked (PC and 2 x iOS).

Neil

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Neil_Stanley , sorry to jump in here!

When you access your app's preferences, in the General tab, there should be an option to start Dropbox on system startup. Can you ensure that the option is checked?

If that is indeed checked, then I'm afraid you'd need to do an advanced reinstall as Jay suggested, while unlinking some of your devices.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Neil_Stanley
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

temp.jpg

Nothing in General - all other locations are ticked as start on start-up.

I'll have to try the full reinstall with both iOS systems detached from the account - might be a day or so.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Andrew S.2 Helpful | Level 7
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?