cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox will no longer support MAC OS10.12 in June. How will this affect my other device?

Dropbox will no longer support MAC OS10.12 in June. How will this affect my other device?

stevebb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I use Dropbox on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and on a Mac running MAC OS10.12. Dropbox will no longer support MAC OS10.12 in June. How will this affect my ability to use Dropbox on my Dell laptop

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @MWoodsMusic, thanks for joining the discussion here.

I'm afraid that there's no other option apart from upgrading your computer's OS to a supported desktop environment

in addition, you should be able to access your Dropbox account and files normally through a web browser.

I wish I had a better answer than this, Mike. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

35 Replies 35

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@stevebb wrote:

How will this affect my ability to use Dropbox on my Dell laptop

It won't affect your Dell at all. Windows 10 is still fully supported.

stevebb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

THANKS!!!!

rebnj
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Will Dropbox no longer support MacOS 10.12.6 as well? Or just 10.12? 

Thanks

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @rebnj, I hope you're doing well, and I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

As of June 27th 2023, the Dropbox desktop app will no longer work on any Mac device running macOS 10.12 or older.

Please note that your data in Dropbox is safe, but you will not be able to access it through the Dropbox desktop app unless you update to a supported operating system.

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

stevebb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Will I be able to access Dropbox.com on my MAC with MAC OS 10.12 using Google Chrome as my default browser?

Bonnie K.4
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

So what does this actually mean for us business clients who pay you a monthly fee and have been doing so for years?

I don't use the app, I have files synced in Finder. Are you telling me I can no longer drop a file into the folder in Finder to sync something?

"Just upgrade your operating system." This is not an actual solution. We use 10.12 because business specific programs can not run on OSs higher than that. My machine works perfectly fine in all regards but because Dropbox has made this stupid decision to cancel support we are going to be stuck. Your solution is for paid clients to shell out $1000s of dollars every few years to buy new Macs when there is nothing wrong with the older ones, which will screw up currently working programs and workflows, just to keep using your app!? Are you serious?

rebnj
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I understand that but if macOS 10.12.6 is newer than 10.12, wouldn't my data still be supported? 

If not, then would I have to use the Dropbox web version to work on my documents?

Thanks

Pip5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello, I have been having no luck with tech support on this but it seems in June, we will no longer be able to use Dropbox on our Mac running Sierra 10.12. Does anyone know who to call or how to appeal to Dropbox decision makers to allow us to continue using our software that seems to run perfectly well? Upgrading is not an option because all other software would cease to function. Thank you for your help!

Pip5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Alternatively, does anyone know if I install Dropbox on a virtual machine running 10.13, would it be able to sync folders in the physical 10.12 machine?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Thegreathowardo New member | Level 2
    MWoodsMusic Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?