cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green check marks - Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

Green check marks - Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

MattCV
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I'm having trouble with the finder dropbox extension on Mac OS Ventura. Since the update, I can not seem to be able to bring the green check marks back (this is a really useful feature to check which folder/file is uploaded and which is not). All I can see now is a "download" button on the side of some of the folders/files (cloud icon with a down arrow). I have tried the trouble shooting of previous posters such as ticking dropbox only in the extension settings of the finder, relaunching finder and re-booting. 

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MattCV, let's jump right into this! 

Based on what you described, it sounds like you currently have some files and folders that are available online-only on your Mac.

Can you clarify if you'd like to change them and make them available offline, or if you can't see the green checks altogether when accessing your Dropbox folder, and you wish to troubleshoot that?

Have you tried right-clicking on the content that you wish to and selecting it as Available offline? What do you see when you right click on a file that has the downwards arrow? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MattCV
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! That's right, I can't see the green checkmarks anymore.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MattCV, it might sound trivial, but have you tried to restart your device at all?

Also, if you change the files from online-only, to available offline, are you then able to see the green checkmarks?

Feel free to also let me know the Dropbox version that you're using on your end. You can find this by locating your Dropbox icon on your menu bar, next to your WiFi and hovering your mouse there. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    MattCV Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?