cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to add DropBox icon to Tool Bar on Mac?

How to add DropBox icon to Tool Bar on Mac?

LRicci
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I recently set up Dropbox with the new location, as per Dropbox instructions. Seems fine. But I can't figure out how to return the Dropbox Icon to my toolbar.

MacBook Air running Ventura

37 Replies 37

Fab33
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here. Just migrated to a new macbook pro and dropbox has disappeared from the top bar. It's really annoying. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear this, @Fab33

What’s the exact OS version of your new device?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mzoul
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you.

MacOS Ventura Version 13.3.1

I recently noticed that when I plug into an external monitor I see more of the apps in my toolbar and had to remove a bunch of the others before it would prioritise adding the dropbox app on my laptop screen.

What else is possible?

Fab33
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I found out the same yesterday… I had to delete an icon in the top bar to make space, and the Dropbox icon was there! I actually just took the am/pm out of the date, as I needed all the other icons, but it was enough to make space for Dropbox. Hurray!!
Wish there was a simple way to toggle those icons on or off though…. Crazy that they don’t have that option.

Barbara S.19
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Super simple fix but it did not come easily. I removed a few apps from the menu bar and boom it showed up! 

liontamer67
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am having the same problem, new laptop and using Ventura. I've never had this problem.

Billth
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Re: "...it does make it more likely we'll have to move to iCloud because Dropbox is too much of a nuisance.'

Eh, I have also talked to people who plan to resort to Dropbox because iCloud is too much of a nuisance. So thank you for your comment, but just thought I'd drop this in.

PDIH
New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same problem

Need more support?