cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Loading Excel Files from C: Drive is Slow

Loading Excel Files from C: Drive is Slow

jpinson
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When DropBox is running, my Windows 10 File Explorer is slow (8 seconds) to open Excel Files on C: drive

When DropBox is not running, File Explorer loads Excel files instantly.

It happens on all my PCs that run DropBox.

For some reason, it is only affects loading Excel files from Windows 10 File Explorer (Word, etc... works fine)

31 Replies 31

jpinson
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I tried what quadroval did and my Excel files do open quickly now.
I still can't open my ticket though on dropbox.com/support

UncleScrooge
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good morning,

I'm having this issue since beginning of December (I don't know exactly since which version of the dropbox client, as they push an update every other day) and it started simultaneously on all computers running Excel 2010, independently of the version of Windows (some Windows 7 and some Windows 10).

Running dropbox as administrator fixed the problem on Windows 10 only, not on Windows 7.

On computers running newer versions of Excel (2013 or 365) there is no issue.

Since Office 2010 extended support period is now over I suspect that no dropbox developer will bother enough to fix it.

And since I really like Office 2010 much more than newer versions, I guess I will just stop using dropbox.

Need more support?