cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Recent Dropbox - Mac 12.3 Monterey support

Recent Dropbox - Mac 12.3 Monterey support

Nousmedis
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The official support page relating to Mac OS Monterey 12.3 Dropbox compatibility is 2 months old now, and Apple just released (April 2022) first beta version of 12.4 and patched 12.3 with 12.3.1, but still no references to current status other than "in late march we will release a beta version...". How can I know is the beta version is now secure or how many days, weeks or months (or years!) do we still need to wait for the final stable release of a 12.3 and up supported version of Dropbox?

137 Replies 137

taciteloquence
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm also concerned. I really like dropbox and I like that my cloud provider is really focused on providing cloud storage and not a million other things. Just having a projection for when the update would be ready would be a huge improvement. If they came out and said "we'll have the update by August" then I could make decisions about whether to update macOS or hold off, but it's annoying that I just have to google it every now and then to figure out if the problem is solved.

zaak
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

UPDATE (June 14):  Dropbox deleted the discussion mentioned below without any word. Draw yer own conclusions.

I've replied a couple of times recently on this discussion.

But this discussion is lively and the problem is still open even though there is an Accepted Solution. This is confusing.
So I started a new one:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Smart-Sync-is-quot-broken-quot...

Nousmedis
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The accepted solution is, in fact, no solution at all: simply install another app because clearly Dropbox abandoned us. It's 6 moths now since the first reports that 12.3 would break support for automatic Sync (and more than a year that Apple announced its plans) and now we have Mac OS version 12.4 and next Mac OS major version (Mac OS 13) announced for September, but no real useful feedback from Dropbox nor a current status.

Havigdort
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The situation is clearly not acceptable when dropbox is used in a business context. The silence from Dropbox cast a shadow on the professionalism of this company. I would be glad to obtain feedback from other users about other solutions available to replace dropbox.

pwvanleijen
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Google drive is a good option imo. I transfered all my files last week and it's working fine.

keithswd
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I got in touch with Dropbox about this issue and got a full refund for this years subscription to DB for Teams.

I suggest other people do the same as it is really beyond a joke now.

CRD-CD415
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Here's a novel idea, instead of focusing on new ideas, how about you fix the old problem with OS 12.3 / 12.4. It' been 6 months, and yet there is no timeline for a fix. Making it real hard for businesses to continue using your product. I need to be able to update my mac (security reasons), but I can't since DropBox doesn't work properly beyond 12.2.1. 

paul20
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@zaak , your link didn't work for me:  Access Denied.  Did Dropbox remove your post?  If so, that's unacceptable.

Is there somewhere you can post it to where Dropbox cannot remove it?  Maybe best to just put it on Twitter where they can't interfere with it?

jeff w.44
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I opened a support chat to inquire about this issue, and sent the support rep a link to the Dropbox forum, and the support rep responded:

For security reasons I am not allowed to open any link on my end.

That's support for you.

CRD-CD415
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

@jeff w.44 

No chat for you!

Need more support?