cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Smart Sync and Quick Preview on Mac

Smart Sync and Quick Preview on Mac

Andrew-RFLB
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Smart Sync causes my quick preview function (spacebar) to not function properly on my Mac. I can't preview thumbnails, or quick preview any videos or photos. Any ideas why this happens?

147 Replies 147

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
👋 Hi to all following this thread! In order to forward you reports to the relevant team of specialized technicians, please let me know if you’d like us to work on that together on this discussion here & I’ll reach out to you on my end on the email address connected to your Forum profile. Thanks in advance & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

DanKorkelia
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jane,

Yes please keep up to date on this subject. Best Wishes

Dan

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @DanKorkeliahorat10, in order to further investigate what's happening, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Forum profile. You may have a look at your inboxes at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that together. Thanks in advance! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Ideal1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
So, have you the solution for this problem, in my case is a big issue?
8/9 months to fix is not good tech support.
Can you help us?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Ideal1), rest assured that I’m here to help as much as possible. If it’s not too much trouble for you, can you elaborate a bit on what seems to be the issue on your end, in order to follow-up on the right thing? 

To best address your concern, please include as much detail as possible on this discussion & I’ll do my best to follow-up with you. Thanks in advance! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Alvpeerz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I commented a while ago. I have updated my macbook from High Sierra to Mojave but nothing has changed. Relaunching the finder works for 10 seconds, then it goes back to not showing previews again. This is systemwide, I stop seeing previews of everything in my computer. And here we are.

I'd like to be contacted by support like Jen suggested.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there ( @Alvpeerz ), following your request here, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Forum profile. You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that together. Thanks in advance & happy Friday! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Ideal1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jane,

Mac OS High Sierra. Relaunching the Finder works, for a little while, then back to not being able to preview neither what I have in my computer or what's online.

Is there a way to solve it?

Thank you

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for pinging me back here & apologies for the slight delay in getting back in touch with you @Ideal1! I’ve created a ticket on our system on your behalf & you could have a look at your inbox for my message at your earliest convenience, in order to work on that a bit closer together. Thanks again for your cooperation!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Moonlet
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So... Clearly this problem affects all (well, many) Mac users. You now know that it's nothing to do with version or OS and you kow it's not related to online-only files so... It's a bug.

Can you assure us you are working on a solution? I, like many, only too the pro option because of Smart Sync and clearly it ain't that Smart!

Need more support?