cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dropbox really support Fedora 33+??

There isn't a Linux repository for Fedora 32

tdias
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello everyone.

An RPM repo for Fedora 32 hasn't been created yet, which leads to errors every time I use my package manager.

Is Dropbox aware of this problem?

40 Replies 40

MichaelE
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Lori (Dropboxer) While I appreciate that Dropbox support keeps closing the Fedora 33+ support messages about the lack of Dropbox not creating the correct repos as solved, its not. Referring to a totally different issue about Icon placement, and then marking the issue solved, just upsets me, and indicates that support doesn't actually understand the question.  So let me clarify.

If you visit: https://linux.dropbox.com/fedora/

you will see that it stops at 32. 

Fedora 33 was released nearly a year ago, since then no one has created the symbolic link for release 33. Fedora 34 nearly 6 months ago. Your Fedora customers keep posting on here about the lack of the symbolic link for the Fedora repos, despite all of the comments about it, Dropbox has done nothing. Please just create the symbolic links for the correct repos.  It's hurting your further adoption into linux community. Maybe we can develop work arounds, but we shouldn't have to.

If you no longer want to support Fedora, How about Linux in general? Is Dropbox becoming a Windows/Mac only app/solution? If so, then state that, and those of us that use Dropbox with Linux, can move on to other solutions.  Do you want our money or is our revenue so insignificant it not worth your time to support even the littlest basic feature supporting Fedora repos? yes I know I can mod my own repos... I don't feel that we should have to do that.

You've spent time and energy, well at least 18 months ago you did, to deliver  nautilus-dropbox-2020.03.04-1.fedora.x86_64.rpm... and thank you for that... now go that one extra little step and create a symbolic link for 33, 34 repos and while your at it, maybe even be proactive and create a 35 repo. Since you know its will be released soon, if not to much effort is required. We are not asking for new useless features. We are asking the minimalist amount of time & effort here. Ask one of the dropbox sys admins, I am sure they can do it in about 15 seconds.

You know if M$ keeps supporting more Linux solutions... just pondering out loud here....

Thank you for your time

-MichaelE

Need more support?