cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows 11 context menu items disappeared (version 159.4.5870)

Windows 11 context menu items disappeared (version 159.4.5870)

emendelson
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have two Windows systems that use Dropbox Pro. On both systems, the Dropbox items on the Explorer context menus disappeared after the Dropbox app upgraded itself to 159.4.5870.

I hadn't opened one of those systems for a few weeks: when I booted it up today, the context menu items were visible as they always have been - then Dropbox updated itself, and the context menu items disappeared, and they haven't reappeared after three reboots.

This seems to be a fairly common problem. Is there a solution? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James S.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

*bump*

This happened to me as well after upgrading to Windows 11 Pro. A simple uninstall did not correct the issue. 

Completely uninstalling and removing all traces from %appdata% and the registry, rebooting, and then reinstalling fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

emendelson
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

And today the context menu items reappeared. Apparently I simply didn't wait long enough after the update. Very strange!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @emendelson, thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'm happy to see that the issue is now resolved.

If you come across this again, do let us know.

Have a great week ahead!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

James S.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

*bump*

This happened to me as well after upgrading to Windows 11 Pro. A simple uninstall did not correct the issue. 

Completely uninstalling and removing all traces from %appdata% and the registry, rebooting, and then reinstalling fixed the issue.

Need more support?