cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox failed to uninstall

"Dropbox failed to uninstall" on Win10

arrysaa
Explorer | Level 3

Trying to uninstall Dropbox Client in my Win 10 Home edition n the uninstallation process incompletes with "Dropbox failed to uninstall" n try to remove manually n reinstall it also ends up with the same error. Already follow the steps from previous post in Dropbox Community, still no luck. Can please help......

33 Replies 33

arrysaa
Explorer | Level 3

Andrew,

Dropbox installation window (Dropbox 194.4.6267 Offline Installer.x86 - is this the latest stable version?) is disappeared when the installation is progressing as if the process is incomplete - though we can see the Client folder exists but when we execute Dropbox.exe - the error message shows Dropbox.exe - System Error ....\194.4.6267\vcruntime140.dll was not found. I have checked through ProcessMonitor there is no such Dropbox.Exe running and vcruntime140.dll - the only process loaded and running DropboxCrashHandler and DropboxUpdate.

Image 9c - Dropbox Client installed (inside Client folder).jpgImage 9d - no Dropbox in Taskbar.jpgImage 9ca.jpgImage 9f - inside folder 194.4.6267 vcruntime140.dll exist.jpg 

DBoxTips
Collaborator | Level 8
Are you sure you are looking into ProcessMonitor instead of ProcessExplorer? They have similar names, both from Microsoft / Sysinternals, so they can be easily confused.

ProcessExplorer displays a list of running processes, while ProcessMonitor displays a log of file, registry and network operations. If you set a filter in ProcessMonitor to include only file operations and filter the ones which contain “vcruntime140.dll” in the “Path” column, do you get any log entries in the ProcessMonitor list of logged operations?

Andrew (DBoxTips)

DBoxTips
Collaborator | Level 8

The latest stable version of Dropbox at this point is 195.4.4995 

You should be installing the "Offline Installer (64 Bit)", since from the screenshot you sent above in this forum thread I understand your system is 64-bit.

Here is the official Microsoft page for Process Monitor.

Andrew (DBoxTips)

arrysaa
Explorer | Level 3

Andrew, 

Let me try with 64-bit version and let you know the installation result. 

arrysaa
Explorer | Level 3

Andrew, 

I install 64-bit Dropbox Desktop Client ver "Dropbox 195.4.4995 Offline Installer.x64" also "VC_redist.x64" (for vcruntime140.dll 64-bit) - the same error messages when I execute "Dropbox.exe" 

Image 10.jpg

I also activate ProcessMonitor with Process is Dropbox.exe and Path contains vcruntime140.dll 

Image 19 - ProcessMonitor Filter.jpg

then I execute Dropbox.exe and the result as shown below 

Image 10 - ProcessMonitor Result after executing Dropbox.jpg

No Dropbox Client on Taskbar shown as previously appeared whenever Dropbox.exe is executed. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @arrysaa, thanks for all this additional info.

At this point, would you like us to reach out to you via email, so our support team can investigate your issue further?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

arrysaa
Explorer | Level 3

Hannah, 

No problem - you can reach me out via my email - [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Jay
Dropbox Staff

I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it as soon as possible!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

arrysaa
Explorer | Level 3

I have responded to your email confirming my email address 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks, I've replied to your message, and we can continue troubleshooting from there onward.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?