cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Phone photos "waiting to upload"

Android Phone photos "waiting to upload"

Scott H.46
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

OK I take 2 photos yesterday on my G8 Android phone.  Get home about 8 o'clock and my phone goes on my wi-fi network.  It's now 10AM next day and 2 photos are still "waiting to upload".  The blue bar is about halfway across and just sitting there.  This happens repeatedly and sometimes it takes days for the photos to sync up and then be available on my desktop or tablet where I also have my Dropbox sync'd.  About and hour ago I changed settings to "wi-fi and data" sync and still no sync up.

3.71GB of 8.5GB being used

Why the long delays?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott H.46
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

OK after checking all settings and then searching more it seems an update and changed the permissions for the Dropbox app itself.  Changed to allow camera, restarted and photos sync'd!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Scott H.46
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

OK after checking all settings and then searching more it seems an update and changed the permissions for the Dropbox app itself.  Changed to allow camera, restarted and photos sync'd!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Scott H.46, glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern and thanks for keeping us in the loop! If anything else pops up or you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to get back to us. In the mean time, have a wonderful day ahead! :laughing:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Scott H.46
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Unfortunately after those uploaded it again refuses to upload.  I've had two that for a week have not uploaded and took two more today that are all just sitting there "waiting to upload".  One started with the blue bar and then stopped and went back to "waiting to upload".   Checked permissions again and they are fine.  On home network with strong signal.

So I restarted the phone just to check.  The older photos upload immediately.  One of the newer ones starts to upload gets 1/3 or 1/2 way and goes back to "waiting to upload" with the other one.

So I restart again. The first one went to 90% the went to "waiting to upload", then it went to 50% and back to "waiting to upload", did that again, and again............seems to be in a loop.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi, sorry to hear you’re still having trouble with this. Since you have mentioned that you’re connected to the internet, I’d kindly recommend try signing out and signing back in:
  1. Tap the menu button on the top-left of the screen.
  2. Tap the gear icon (or Settings in older versions of the app).
  3. Tap Sign out from Dropbox.
Let me know if this helps! :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Kevin26
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I am having the same problem with a new Samsung A40.  Tried restarting, setting app permissions to include 'camera', and logging out and back in again.

It repeatedly seems to try to upload, get part way, and then give up and says "waiting to upload..."   It keeps retrying, running down the battery.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Kevin26, sorry to hear that. 

As a first step, could you please confirm for me if you're running the latest version of the mobile app?

If you are, could you please let me know if you've tried connecting to WiFi while having your cellular data turned on/off, as well as giving another WiFi network a try?

Finally, could you try clearing your mobile app's cache? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Kevin26
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks.  Still no luck unfortunately.  I have tried turning off the mobile data, and also clearing the cache.

It is the latest version of the app, downloaded and installed on a new phone just a couple of weeks ago.  Perhaps I should delete it and reinstall it.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for giving these a try, @Kevin26

You can try reinstalling the mobile app and see if there are any changes in behavior. 

I've sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile in the meantime, so if you're still having trouble with this, please don't hesitate to nudge me there. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

markdon
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

SAME PROBLEM. This has been going on for months.

We're tired of this. Subscriber for many years - We pay monthly but can't upload efficiently from cell phone (Samsung Galaxy).

Even if we select ONE IMAGE then "share" to Dropbox, we get the "waiting to upload" message.

We have to use Google's Gmail to email the image to ourselves then save to computer.

This works immediately, unlike Dropbox that says "waiting to upload" for hours, days, or never.

Phone has latest update - Dropbox app is latest update. Deleted the app and re-installed.

INEXCUSABLE!! 

We will be seeking an adjustment to our billing in writing with cc to the NC attorney generals office and bureau of consumer affairs.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

elephantpika New member | Level 2
    markdon Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Kevin26 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?