cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Files

CSV Files

TeeB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I am not tech savvy and unsure where to start.

I need to upload a CSV file for stock items in my store that includes images, but I also have a separate image CSV file for these products. 
Before I sign up, I’ve been told I need Dropbox to upload the files and then create a new CSV one that includes the stock items and images together so I can upload to my store without the hassle of doing each one manually.

Can anyone help me and advice me to which package would suit?

thank you 

Tee

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TeeB wrote:

This is their response: you need to upload the images into a hoster and the hoster will return you an URL to insert into the CSV. That's the only way to put images into a CSV file.

What they're likely referring to is uploading an image into your Dropbox storage, generating a shared link to that file, and putting the link into the CSV file so that when you upload the CSV into your store system, it will be able to read the link to the image files stored on Dropbox.

Any Dropbox plan will work, though there are bandwidth limits to consider on the free plan. Once you have an account, you'll want to upload your images, generate a shared link for each one individually, modify each link to change ?dl=0 to ?raw=1, then add those links to your CSV file.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @TeeB 

Dropbox itself does not have the capability to create CSV files (or any file for that matter) of images and links for you. That is something you'd need to do manually or use third party software to do. 

In terms of plans they are all at www.dropbox.com/plans and it pretty much depends upon how much storage you need. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

TeeB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply.

I already use a third party software that uses the CSV file to upload to my store, but they can’t add the image file. They have told me I need a Dropbox to create the file for me.

This is their response: you need to upload the images into a hoster and the hoster will return you an URL to insert into the CSV. That's the only way to put images into a CSV file. 

You can look for it on Google and subscribe to one of them, we suggest using one of these:

Does that make sense to you, as it’s gone over my head, as I said I’m not technically aware of how to do this?

much appreciated for any advice

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TeeB wrote:

What they're likely referring to is uploading an image into your Dropbox storage, generating a shared link to that file, and putting the link into the CSV file so that when you upload the CSV into your store system, it will be able to read the link to the image files stored on Dropbox.

Any Dropbox plan will work, though there are bandwidth limits to consider on the free plan. Once you have an account, you'll want to upload your images, generate a shared link for each one individually, modify each link to change ?dl=0 to ?raw=1, then add those links to your CSV file.

TeeB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Rich, I think I understand 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TeeB Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?