cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox freezes while finalizing large file upload (3 gb MOV file)

Dropbox freezes while finalizing large file upload (3 gb MOV file)

22 Stone Productions
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Stuck on 1 second left. Need help/advice on this ASAP.

Is this a Dropbox thing or an error. Can this be fixed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Hello

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community

Are you using the Web interface (Browser) to upload the files?  if so, consider using the Desktop Client instead.  It will sync large files without issues.  Web interface uploads are known for issues.

if using the browser is your only way to use Dropbox then try to use a different browser

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris_J
Super User
Go to solution

Hello

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community

Are you using the Web interface (Browser) to upload the files?  if so, consider using the Desktop Client instead.  It will sync large files without issues.  Web interface uploads are known for issues.

if using the browser is your only way to use Dropbox then try to use a different browser

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

butagorira
Explorer | Level 3

I had the same issue with Dropbox Capture. While uploading a large file, it freezes and finally crashes. Now, I cannot use any of the functionalities.

Chris_J
Super User

make sure you click on upgrades to Dropbox Capture, i have issues with it too but I find if there is an update, click update when clicking on icon.  I also had success logging out and back in.

butagorira
Explorer | Level 3

I can't even click the update button. It freezes just when it starts.

If I hover the cursor, the hourglass keeps spinning.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 15.42.12.png

Chris_J
Super User

Thanks for replying and leaving a screenshot, it doesn't appear you need to update the app,  theres an upgrade option but thats just promoting the paid accounts.  Have you logged out or restarted PC?  if so, you may have to reinstall.  Go to https://help.dropbox.com/create-upload/install-dropbox-capture 

butagorira
Explorer | Level 3

I have reinstalled Dropbox Capture and Dropbox and restarted my Mac, but the issue persists.

Chris_J
Super User

hmmm, you have the right system requirements listed here for mac: To use the Dropbox Capture app on macOS, you must be on version 11 or later?

Do you have an app like appzapper?  or something that gathers all pertaining files and deletes them?  That is what I use, since my goal would be to delete all items relating to the app then reinstall.

If you have a paid DB account you can email support.

Hope this helps

butagorira
Explorer | Level 3

I'm using the latest Mac and not using such an app.

Well, I just moved the large file elsewhere, which resolved the issue. Thank you!

MrChin
New member | Level 2

Why is there a website if it only works properly in the app?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MrChin New member | Level 2
    butagorira Explorer | Level 3
    Chris_J Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?