cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox is saving the scan as both a pdf and a jpg.

Dropbox is saving the scan as both a pdf and a jpg.

DCardwell
New member | Level 2

When I scan to Dropbox folder from ScanSnap, Dropbox is saving the scan as both a pdf and a jpg.  I do not want the jpg and don't know how to stop it.

5 Replies 5

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@DCardwell, Have you turned on Dropbox Camera uploads on your device? 🧐 That's where the second picture comes from in addition to the one upload by your third party app. 😉 Both ways act independent from each other and use one of them doesn't suspend the other automatically!

DCardwell
New member | Level 2

I don't use my phone for Dropbox.  Is there a similar setting for a PC?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

In such a case, that seems to be some settings of your scanner application. Take a look there (on the application' documentation). If needed, ask the application support for more info.

DCardwell
New member | Level 2

Thankfully I found the cause and the solution!  The cause had to do with the automation feature in Dropbox. I edited the folder to "pause" files from being converted to a jpg.  So glad to have been able to get this stopped.  

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@DCardwell wrote:

...  The cause had to do with the automation feature in Dropbox. ...

😁 Take care, not to turn on features you don't need and even disturb your work, anymore! 😉

Good luck.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    DCardwell New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?