cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not syncing after reinstalling Windows on my computer

Dropbox not syncing after reinstalling Windows on my computer

medicinewomanRD1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Dropbox does not seem to be working. It is not uploading files, and it says it is syncing, but the only file in it is screenshots. For some reason, when I merged my two Dropboxes, all my files in my one Dropbox were downloaded onto Google Drive. Now, I have no installations in Dropbox at all and only one file. I have 2.3 TB of storage. Why is my Dropbox not working? I have checked internet connections and gone through the troubleshooting list, but I can't come up with an answer. My download directory disappeared, too, and we had to rename that in the registry to get it back. What is going on? This all started because I had to reinstall Windows OS and all of my programs because of corrupted files in OS. But now I have a clean install of Windows OS, and the programs that worked before the install are not working now after the install. I also have a problem with WORD not accepting Grammarly as an add-in. And I wonder how many of these problems are related to Dropbox not working. Sync says it is working.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

medicinewomanRD1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I found another folder under a different email and signed into that, and all my files were there. I started backup, and it's working, so I think the problem is solved. We just had the wrong dropbox loaded up. The strange thing is, the current dropbox says it is a paid plan for 2 TB and my other dropbox was free with 2.3 TB storage on it. Strange.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there, @medicinewomanRD1, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community and sorry to hear about this.

Is the Dropbox application currently installed on the computer?

If so, can you please hover over the Dropbox icon in your system tray and let me know what that's reporting?

Thanks in advance.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

medicinewomanRD1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It says the files are up to date and synced, but the only file in there is my resume 2024. It also says Dropbox is up to date.195.4.4995

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update, @medicinewomanRD1.

If you click on that Dropbox icon and then on the folder icon next to your initials/profile pic, are you taken to the empty Dropbox folder that only has your 2024 resume file?

Also, if you search for "Dropbox" in your file explorer, do you get any other results? A second Dropbox folder perhaps?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

medicinewomanRD1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I found another folder under a different email and signed into that, and all my files were there. I started backup, and it's working, so I think the problem is solved. We just had the wrong dropbox loaded up. The strange thing is, the current dropbox says it is a paid plan for 2 TB and my other dropbox was free with 2.3 TB storage on it. Strange.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

medicinewomanRD1 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?