cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not syncing, can’t get get response from Boxifier support

Dropbox not syncing, can’t get get response from Boxifier support

Walter H.11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am using Win10, Dropbox 104.4.175, with Boxifier 1.9.10.  I recently experienced a problem with syncing.  Dropbox says everything is synced but clearly several files are not synced to Dropbox on web.  The unsynced files are in a folder on a network drive where the folder is synced to Dropbox via a shortcut in Boxifier.  I don't know whether it is a Dropbox issue or a Boxifier issue.  

I've tried contacting Boxifier support through their forum as well as directly by email.  All that I get back from Boxifier is an automated email providing confirmation they received my email.  Two questions:  

Anyone else had issues contacting Boxifier?  

Any Boxifier users had sync troubles with the latest versions of Dropbox and/or Boxifier?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Razvan Boxifier
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hello Walter,

Razvan from Boxifier here. Thank you for the heads-up and sorry for the delay! We managed to locate your e-mail in the Spam folder and you will get a response from my colleague Christine right away!

Thanks,

Razvan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Razvan Boxifier
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hello Walter,

Razvan from Boxifier here. Thank you for the heads-up and sorry for the delay! We managed to locate your e-mail in the Spam folder and you will get a response from my colleague Christine right away!

Thanks,

Razvan

Toni_P
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm having the same issues.  Did you get it resolved?

Razvan Boxifier
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hello Toni,

Razvan from Boxifier here. I asked the support team about this and they were not able to locate any e-mail from you lately. Could you please re-send it to my address? razvan at boxifier dot com.

Thanks,

Razvan

Walter H.11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Toni,

Over the past month, I have been moving folders from various locations on my PC into the network shared folder that is synced to Dropbox with Boxifier (using a Boxifier shortcut).  I've experienced two sync issues:  

a) Dropbox app says all files are synced but clearly (looking at Dropbox on web), some folders/files are not synced, and

b) error message(s) from Dropbox app saying cannot sync due to incorrect file permissions.  

For the permissions error, I've never been able to determine the source/reason of this error.  I had a Boxifier staff remote connect to my machine and fix things, and then the issue would return later.  I tried deleting the Boxifier shortcuts and recreating them and this did not work.  I tried moving the folders/files with permission errors from their original locations and back to my network shared folder, changing to a different user admin account, changing file permissions; but nothing that I did worked to eliminate the file permission error coming from Dropbox.

I finally decided to "start over." I stopped the Boxifier app and unlinked my PC from my Dropbox account.  I then uninstalled Dropbox on my PC and reinstalled the Dropbox app (I believe that a new version of Dropbox was installed).  I then linked my PC back to my Dropbox account and also restarted Boxifier.  The initial Dropbox setup step was confusing to me, and perhaps my initial setup was not correct because I found that Dropbox immediately synced the folder that had previously been a Boxifier shortcut and created it as a physical folder within the Dropbox folder.  I think that I could have prevented this if I had unselected the folder in selective sync as soon as I had reinstalled the Dropbox app.  Anyway, I then deleted this folder in the Dropbox folder because it was now an incomplete duplicate of my network share folder.  I then created a Boxifier shortcut to the network share, after which Dropbox began the indexing/syncing of all folders/files in the network share.  The indexing/syncing took a while, but all files synced with no issues.  Note:  the only files that were actually uploaded were those that had previous not synced due to the file permission errors.

So, at this point, I don't know why the two issues that I noted above were occurring.  However, both issues were overcome by starting over completely.  The most perplexing question is the file permissions errors and why, when starting over as I did, the folders/files synced OK but previously they would not sync due to incorrect file permission?  Perhaps a Dropbox staff person can shed some light on this question?

Hope this helps.  My fix is the brute force, long approach, but it was the only solution that I could find.

Walter

DanielS97
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Razvan,

I have also emailed Christine with a similar query. Please could you look into this? Perhaps this has also gone into your spam folder.

The email was sent on the 4th October at 16:48

Many thanks 

Daniel Smith

Razvan Boxifier
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Thank you for the heads-up, Daniel! I've just looked into this and indeed your e-mail was filtered out. Christine has now replied to you.

Thanks,

Razvan from Boxifier

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Razvan Boxifier Collaborator | Level 10
    DanielS97 New member | Level 2
    Walter H.11 Explorer | Level 4
    Toni_P Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?