cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’re having some trouble with our services currently. We’re working to fix the problem as quickly as we can. We’ll share another update shortly. For the latest information visit here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stuck syncing on several Windows computers

Dropbox stuck syncing on several Windows computers

Ustym
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there. We have a problem that the DB is stuck. It is forever synchronization on some PCs with different amounts of files and types. Genrealy most of them are 3ds max files. We already do all possible permissions, reinstalling, and other manipulations with stop synchronization and then ON. Nothing helps, after reinstallation, it updates and stuck with the same files. Yes, we have many more files than 300000, but we have had this number of files for a long time, and this is the first time we have met this problem. What sense in 5 TB space in case you have a limit of 300000? I tried to move out over 100000 files from DB but this does not help, also we have PCs where all files are downloaded and everything works great there. We run all possible antiviruses. The last thing that is left to do is to reinstall Windows... but it is not really what I want to do. Also, I read somewhere that this will not help. Can somebody assist, please? 

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ustym, thanks for posting on our forum. 

It’s not necessary that syncing more than 300k files locally on your desktop app will cause performance issues. However, this could be responsible for what’s happening on some of your devices. 

Can you attempt to remove any large folders you’re not frequently using from one of your computers with selective sync, and let me know if there’s any progress with its syncing at all?

Besides the .3ds files that you mention, are there other filetypes that don’t seem to be syncing? 

Keep me posted for more updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ustym
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy. Unfortunately this not helps. We cut the number of files to a minimum and kept only the main folder of the project which is around 60 000 files. And it stuck on one of the folders and one of the files. Even if you cut files from the folder and then put this file back this file will be stuck. Renaming does not help. The new file in this folder works fine. There are PCs where all files are in autonomic mode, and everything is good, but now they also have 1 file forever, but you cant see where because all folder have green icon. I want to NOTE one more time, this is something new, everything was fine with the crazy amount of files. I reinstal Windows where all finels are autonomic and this problem are there. Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the updates, @Ustym! You mentioned in your first post that the issue is present even after running all antiviruses. Can you temporarily disable them instead and let me know if you see any kind of difference?

You can also check this Help Center article to make sure your antivirus isn’t blocking Dropbox from syncing specific files.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Ustym Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?