cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox via a browser - keep getting logged out

Dropbox via a browser - keep getting logged out

nydepot
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I go to my Dropbox via Chrome multiple times a day. Each time it says my session has expired and I need to log in. I do that and get the email that there was a new login. I answer Yes on that. Still, the next time I go back to Dropbox (1/2 hour later), it's expired.

Any reason. I used to be able to stay logged in for days at a time.

13 Replies 13

nydepot
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm not part of a busines team. I use Dropbox installd on my Mac at home. At work, they don't allow DropBox to be isntalled so I have to use a browser. It's very random getting logged off but it's a dozen times a day.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the prompt reply, @nydepot!

Just to ensure, when you're experiencing this behavior, are you by any chance connected via a work network? If you are, please check with your company’s IT department, due to a potential update on your firewall settings which could be affecting your connection. 

If you’re still having problems, due to account-specific info that’d be required, you can always contact our Support team for further investigation. 

Thanks! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bfree
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having this issue now for the past week. Customer support hasn't been able to figure it out. I've done all the things. Peak frustration. I don't want to switch to Firefox because of this...

nydepot
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes, I'm the OP and it still happens. I've given up and just deal with the constant logins. Funny, it won't prompt me the first time I use it in the morning but then does all day.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nydepot Helpful | Level 6
    bfree New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?