cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: FTP Setup in Dropbox

FTP Setup in Dropbox. How to set-it up?

Macros48
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have a remote camera at my cabin in Tennessee, it is accessible through an app and is always on. The camera typically senses movement

will snap 3 pictures and upload/email them to my gmail account. However gmail has changed access using 3rd party apps and I can no longer

receive the pictures. I was told I can setup dropbox as an FTP server and my camera will upload to my dropbox, all videos and pictures.

Is this possible? and if so, would anyone have a step by step to set this up?

Thx for the help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Macros48 wrote:

I was told I can setup dropbox as an FTP server and my camera will upload to my dropbox, all videos and pictures.

Dropbox does not support FTP connections. There are workarounds and third-party solutions that work as a go-between (you FTP to them, they connect to your Dropbox for you, etc.), but they are not controlled by or supported by Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Macros48 wrote:

I was told I can setup dropbox as an FTP server and my camera will upload to my dropbox, all videos and pictures.

Dropbox does not support FTP connections. There are workarounds and third-party solutions that work as a go-between (you FTP to them, they connect to your Dropbox for you, etc.), but they are not controlled by or supported by Dropbox.

Macros48
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you Rich, that solves the issue with dropbox lol. Now I need to solve the bigger issue, finding a way.

Thx again

WillJenkin
New member | Level 2

Macros48 - what solution did you adopt?

Macros48
New member | Level 2

I spun up an FTP server and have it running in my home. It seems to be the only way left to get this accomplished.

Need more support?