cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a client to star or favourite images in a Dropbox Folder?

How can I get a client to star or favourite images in a Dropbox Folder?

milomilomilo
Explorer | Level 3

Hi I'm trying to use Dropbox to enable client selections on images that I can see.

The problem is, if I favourite an image they can't see it, and if they favourite I can't see theirs?

Is there a way to allow collaboration?

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @milomilomilo, I hope you're doing well! 

When you star an image, that will show up only on your end, not the person you're sharing it with.

The best alternative I can give you for this is to comment on the shared files you want to work on. 

Would that work? 

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

blockmedia
Explorer | Level 4

This would be unbelievably useful—if there was an option to "favourite" or "star" images along with comments that are visible and collaborative to both sides. Currently, we have to use third-party programs to share photo proofs with clients just so they can select the images they want to purchase. Comments alone are too cumbersome when there's hundreds of images to go through. One tiny addition of a star would make Dropbox for photos unbeatable!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us @blockmedia

I would suggest that you use our "Share an idea" board, when you have a moment; in order to present this as a feature request. That way, other users can also upvote it, and if it gets enough votes, our engineers might consider it. ðŸ˜Š

If you need anything else, let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AIRWORKS
New member | Level 2

This isnt true, some of my clients can comment and i get am email everytime and i can see all the images they star and others i cant see any?  Why does it work a lot of the time and then not for others?  You have this as a feature if clients need to choose hundreds of images and make comments, you make this feature available how do you suppose they get this information to me?  i see you commented this is for their own information but for what purpose, they would only be commenting for someone else.  I can see this same comment so many times over so many years and you still havent made it avilable, its such a simple feature that would be so useful i want to understand how some can and some cant comment?  If what you said is true it would never work.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AIRWORKS New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    blockmedia Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?