cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i resume an interrupted upload?

How do i resume an interrupted upload?

joseph s.30
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

if i upload large files to my dropbox account and my laptop goes to sleep the upload is interrupted. how do i resume the upload without beginning the process again?

16 Replies 16

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Unfortunately the website isnt designed to resume interrupted downloads.

It may be worth, however, trying a different browser and seeing if that helps?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

AllanShine
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was syncing my external hard drive to drop box when the connection was interrupted, I was halfway through but when the connection was re-established the syncing is not continuing. Is there a way to continue rather than starting over again? I would have imagined it would have worked the same as if I was syncing a folder on my computer's hard drive, but it isn't so from what I can tell. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Unfortunately the moves from external hard drive to Dropbox are the same if you are using web as this thread

If you are moving to desktop folder the issue is that the move is handled by your OS so it is that which would need to restart it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

elisar4444
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not all of us are using dropbox client because we want the info stored on the cloud not our hard drive. When setting up dropbox business it gives you the option to set it up that way, so I am in agreement with Joseph S.30 that if they are giving that as an option for business users to set it up like that then they should make sure that it operates the same way a "client". That being said Kudos for the work around to whom ever came up with that. Another issue is when setting dropbox up this way it doesn't do it in a particular order so you can't really figure out where it left off in a series of 12k files. 

@Rich wrote:

If you're using the Dropbox client, it will handle that on its own. If you're uploading through the Dropbox website, you can't resume an upload.

maddyrose17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What do you mean by "click the # of file left hyper link". how do i do that. 

Kevjazz
New member | Level 2

I have a similar problem.  I lost power in the middle of a massive upload of my entire Reaper folder to Dropbox.  this had been going for about three days when the failure happened.  is there any way to resume the upload with DB being able to detect those files which are already uploaded?  is there any way to have a situation where you are asked to skip or replace files already loaded?  Can you choose that operation for all files?God, I hope so.

thanks for any help.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Kevjazz, welcome to our Community! 

Can you clarify if you were using the desktop app, or the website, when uploading content from Reaper folder to Dropbox?  

Feel free to also have a look at Rich's response here

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Kevjazz New member | Level 2
    maddyrose17 New member | Level 2
    elisar4444 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?