cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have permission to share a link to folder despite being the owner

I don't have permission to share a link to folder despite being the owner

royalparkshalf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am a basic user and I have been sharing a link to a folder within my dropbox that has been working. 

It's stopped allowing access for an unknown reason (people with the link aren't able to view, says 'that didn't work for some reason' with a picture of a sad dog!

I've tried deleting the view only link and recreating but now it's telling me that I don't have permission to share the link despite being the owner of the dropbox account and logged in.

Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@royalparkshalf wrote:

It's stopped allowing access for an unknown reason (people with the link aren't able to view ... now it's telling me that I don't have permission to share the link ...

Your ability to share may have been banned. Refer to the following help article:

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@royalparkshalf wrote:

It's stopped allowing access for an unknown reason (people with the link aren't able to view ... now it's telling me that I don't have permission to share the link ...

Your ability to share may have been banned. Refer to the following help article:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?