cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting an error when trying to upload a file. Can you help?

I'm getting an error when trying to upload a file. Can you help?

Olhippie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am new. All I want to do is to upload 15 minute segments of my radio show so a new radio station can use it. Each file is 20.45MB approx. I use Hughes Satelite for my internet connection and during the day it can be slow so yesterday I figured it was because the internet traffic was high I got the errors so I got up at 2am this morning to upload the files and I got the same error while trying to upload the files. I have no idea what to do now.

Thank you for any help you can provide me

Bruce Grieve

Olhippie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Olhippie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Glory-oskey !! The radio station that asked me to send them an hour of my show told me a different way to do it, but right clicking on the file in my computer and choose move to dropbox then after that is done right click on the file in the Dropbox folder and choose copy dropbox link and then send that in an email !! That worked perfect, how? I have no clue, this morning I opened Dropbox and the files I shared with them are now on my dropbox thing so I guess it works !! WHOO-HOooo Noqw to learn how to organize so I do not confuse myself and others.

BG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Olhippie, thanks for checking in with us. 

As a first step, have you tried uploading the files from another browser or an incognito window by any chance? 

If you have, could you also clear the cache and make sure that you're not running any third party browser extensions or plugins? 

Keep me posted - cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Olhippie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ok I tried to upload from an incognito window, same sesults, next I cleard my Cache and history and the like, still same results. I am using Chrome in fact that is the only browser I do use. So now what do I do ?? Here is a screen capture of what I am seeing.Dropbox Error.JPG

Olhippie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Not sure about the 3rd party app thing you mentioned, how would I figure that out?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Generally, a browser extensions is a software that allows you to customize your browsers. As such, if you have any running, they should show up next to your URL bar. 

If you have any third party apps that could be affecting your uploads, try temporarily disabling them. 

If you're still having trouble with this though, could you try uploading the files in smaller batches? 

Let me know how it goes, @Olhippie. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Olhippie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Glory-oskey !! The radio station that asked me to send them an hour of my show told me a different way to do it, but right clicking on the file in my computer and choose move to dropbox then after that is done right click on the file in the Dropbox folder and choose copy dropbox link and then send that in an email !! That worked perfect, how? I have no clue, this morning I opened Dropbox and the files I shared with them are now on my dropbox thing so I guess it works !! WHOO-HOooo Noqw to learn how to organize so I do not confuse myself and others.

BG

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Olhippie Helpful | Level 5
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?