cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving Uploads

Improving Uploads

KevinAtDropbox
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone!

My name is Kevin and I lead a team that's looking to make it easier to upload files to Dropbox. We are looking at the Dropbox website and mobile apps (both iOS and Android) to try and make uploading better in the following ways:

• Reliability: less likely to fail
  • Performance: speed things up so you wait less
  • Usability: give more information during upload so you know how it's going
  • And much more.

I'd love to hear from all of you about your experiences with uploading content. What is working well and what is not working well? What are some of the features you wish were available to make uploading easier? What frustrates you? Don't hold back. Here to listen and engage.

25 Replies 25

mwallison
New member | Level 2

After installing Dropbox for Mac (beta) on my MacBook Air, it's not syncing the files that I've added from my destop Mac (that doesn't have the beta).  I can see that they are there and if I double click on the file (from my MacBook Air) it does open but after a very long wait.  Why is it not sync'ing??

sharonf1952
New member | Level 2
Kevin, I see that a video that I recorded on my MacAir is now in my “desktop” file on Dropbox on my iPhone. I don’t want my desktop files in Dropbox on my iPhone, so how do I take that file out of dropbox on my iPhone?

Dan159
Explorer | Level 4

So far It's been going well. I have no issues at all.😀

KevinAtDropbox
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for all the comments so far. We are reading each of them and discussing them on the team. Just to clarify, this thread was created specifically to focus on improving file uploads on the website, as well as iOS and Android mobile apps. I'd really appreciate if we can keep the discussion to those platforms for now.

Your feedback about our desktop client is important to us, and we'll be collecting them separately. But I'd like for us to stay focused on web and mobile.

KevinAtDropbox
Dropbox Staff

@JeffHolden wrote:
Hello. I would like to be able to upload files to a folder and allow chat GTP to be able to access them to be able to extract information. Is that possible?

Hi Jeff. Currently, this is not possible. But we want to better understand your use case so we can explore this. Can you say a bit more about the type of work you're doing so we can better understand what you're trying to achieve with ChatGPT?

jwisser
Helpful | Level 6

The new Mac app, with its limitation on where the Dropbox folder is located (among other unwanted limitations), will make it impossible for many of us to use Dropbox on Macs.

Can you confirm that those of us who do not want the new limitations will be able to continue using the current version of Dropbox for Mac indefinitely?

If you can't provide information about this, how can we reach decision-making members of the Dropbox team about this, given that questions about this here on the forums (e.g., @discofuel's) are being ignored or moved into "already-solved" threads?

Chippyme
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox will not empty, I have used all the delete instructions, no change the storage is still full.

I tried uninstalling drobox & reinstalling still not change box still showing full.

How do I delete all my old unwanted files in my drobox???

DRBO22
New member | Level 2

I have been trying for some days to load the following [Removed as per Community Guidelines] without success! Any advice as to what I may be doing incorrectly?

Thank you

G

Christine06
New member | Level 2
Hi Kevin
I would like to upload a Recorder pro audio file, though I keep getting an error msg. Thanks for your help!

Tomi Jk
New member | Level 2

Hello,  I just downgraded after the free trial.  That was no problem, but the amount they refunded is wrong. And, now that they've downgraded my account, I can't "chat" with anyone about it . They charged me $207.96 for a year (when I thought I was only agreeing to a month subscription), but only credited me $124.03.  Do you have any suggestions as to resolving this issue? Thank you, Tomi

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Fourwinds Explorer | Level 4
    Chippyme Explorer | Level 3
    Brain Toomer Helpful | Level 5
    jonsno Explorer | Level 4
    Rlynn71 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?