cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to track the bandwidth usage from shared links?

Is there a way to track the bandwidth usage from shared links?

zachyok
Explorer | Level 4

I share links to videos all the time using our account. While I always encourage our clients to download the videos for viewing/distribution, sometimes they end up just distributing the link that I sent them. This will occasionally result in me receiving an email from Dropbox saying I've exceeded my bandwidth limit. 

Is there a way to track that progress from a shared link? Or perhaps receive a warning once it reaches 75-80% of its usage? 

2 Replies 2

Emmet
Community Manager

Hi @zachyok, thanks for messaging the Community.

Currently it isn't possible to track the amount of bandwidth used by shared links or file requests.

Likewise, this means that there isn't an option for a notification when the bandwidth limit is being reached.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

New member | Level 2

Hello!

The traffic and insights feature is no longer available as of October 2021. This feature was only available to customers on Dropbox Professional, Business Advanced, and Enterprise plans.

For thorough file and analytics tracking, Dropbox recommend using DocSend as an alternative.

You can read more about it here

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

86 New member | Level 2
    Emmet Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?