cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job reached maximum retry attempts

Job reached maximum retry attempts

jolkadre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I try to upload a PDF in gmail, I get error "Job reached maximum retry attempts". 

How I can fix it?

93 Replies 93

Frank_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all,

Apologies for the delayed response here. I haven't been able to reproduce any issues with the Gmail extension since my last reply on this thread, however this is clearly still a problem for many people so will investigate further and follow up with our engineers. 

Will post an update here once I have an update, thank you all for your patience.

Regards,

Frank

Dallas645
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you! I really need this fixed. I rely heavily on this feature for my business and nothing I have tried is working. 

Beta550
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue.  It's wierd that it only happens with pdf files and not Word or Excel files.  Thanks for the effort to deliver a solution soon!

gcorvin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

same problem here - I get the "maximum retry attempts error" whenever trying to use the gmail extension in chrome."  worked fine until week or two ago, now doesn't work on either my work or home PC.

gcorvin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Word files seem to work, but not PDF's

rodo76
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Same problem here. No problem with AutoCAD files, only PDF. We should contact Adobe?

tiger2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Tiger 2

Same problem here...I get the maximum retry attempts error...out of nowhere...ugh!

Frank_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up that this is under investigation by our engineering team. As soon as we have an update on this I'll post an update here. Apologies for the frustration caused, and thank you for your patience while we look into the root cause of these errors.

Thanks,

Frank 

DIANE C.14
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you Frank. I look forward to your reply

swazidarron
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Frank - have also been struggling with this same error message for two or three weeks - how is the progress with solving the bug.

Clearing caches and reinstalling the app fails to work.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gcorvin Helpful | Level 6
    fbfb016 Explorer | Level 4
    Ed Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?