cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Live Photos (iPhone)

Live Photos (iPhone)

larissaguiga
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How can I send my LivePhotos from my iPhone 6 to DropBox . . . I was very upsad to see that some of my most precious photos ( from my parents that just passed away) is no longer a live photo, but just a flat pictures ! 

Please anyone, this is one of the most important thing for me . . . I still have some photos in my iPhone, and I do not want to lose then also . . .I will never more be able to take that precious pictures 😞 !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox doesnt yet support live photos I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox doesnt yet support live photos I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Palle76
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I'm looking for the feature to backup Live Photos as well. Is there a release date for this for Dropbox in the near future or should I take my money to some other cloud storage that supports this?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox does not release information about future features or their release dates.

Roche
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You can use the Photos app on a Mac if you have one. This saves the live photos exactly as you see them on your iPhone. Other than that, there is the iCloud app. It is free for up to 5GB (which is not much at all) and then you have to subscribe and pay monthly. 

Google Photos app is free, however, the live pictures look more like a gif animation (probably a very lame description). 

As far as Dropbox - my pictures used to get saved as both .jpg and .mov file up until December 25, 2016. Since then it only has been saving .jpg versions only. I can't figure out why. 

Ben O.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Dropbox has been going downhill in general since their big UI overhaul, and integration with Paper. It’s getting pretty bad, and this is just one of many new stuff Robles I’ve been seeing.

kezza32
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Agreed, i dont want to lose all my live photos! Dropbox need to get up to speed asap, or i will definietly be moving to another cloud storage!!!

RubixVi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You've got two options, one being converting the photos to movie and then reverting them back to live photos using intoLive or backing them up to Sandisk iXpand Drive. Both will work. Dropbox or Google Drive or anything of that sort won't work as of yet.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]
Need more support?