cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd icon and files not synching

Odd icon and files not synching

Fresca13
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello - I have an odd icon that has started appearing when I create a new folder or add a file to dropbox via my Mac's Finder window. It's a cloud with an exclamation mark within it. Dropbox support can't identify the issue but thinks it is a conflict with iCloud storage perhaps. No issues uploading files directly from the Dropbox web browser. Problem started around the same time Dropbox asked me to 'move' it to a more secure location: it used to live within my Favourites on the Finder window and now it's under Locations. Anyone having similar issues?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fresca13
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you Nancy - I seem to have remedied the issue by creating new folders and transferring the sub-folders over, then deleting the original problematic ones.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Fresca13, thanks for posting about this here! 

Is the syncing icon that you mention among the ones outlined here? You can also send me a screenshot of it, if you don’t mind, so that I can have a visual. 

Let me know when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Fresca13
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you Nancy - I seem to have remedied the issue by creating new folders and transferring the sub-folders over, then deleting the original problematic ones.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Fresca13 Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?