cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working - alternating between files

Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working - alternating between files

urbanracer34
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am on the latest iOS and Dropbox for my iPhone 13. Dropbox 324.2 and iOS 16.4.1

I noticed that it was going forth between 5 and 4 photos left. There is plenty of room in dropbox. Nothing has been uploaded. 

I followed the instructions mentioned here https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Storage-Space/Photo-backup-on-iPhone-isn-t-working/td-p/515471 for clearing the cache and rebooting. Still have the same issue and it won't give it up. 

Problem also exists backing up via cellular. 

Problem also persists after full delete and reinstallation of Dropbox on iPhone. 

42 Replies 42

Adrian Stevenson
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Looks like we have all exhuasted all the options of trying to get this flawed update to work.

Come on Dropbox, please get this issue sorted!

Tinabb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Dropbox on iPhone hasn't synced properly today. First, the number went up and down between 14 and 15. Then after a redownload, the number stayed at 10. On the third try after updating the iPhone software, the number went up and down between 4 and 5. Even though there were 13 photos (and no video) need to be uploaded.

Some options I have tried but failed:

Changed wifi network

Used 5G network

Signed out then signed back in on the Dropbox iPhone app

Redownloaded dropbox app

Updated the latest iPhone software

Restarted my MacPro 

Please help!

nko
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same problem here !

kathy v.4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

iPhone 13, running 16.3.1

Camera uploads was working just fine - then the dropbox App UPDATED while im process of uploading photos.

Now new photos are not uploading - says scanning, then 'backing up x photos' then back to scanning, then same x number photos, and it just goes back and forth like that forever.

I have DELETED the app, reinstalled - took over 1 hour to scan photos again - all previously backed up ones still present, but NEW ONES STILL GET STUCK IN this infinite LOOP of never actually uploading.

Changing wifi networks doesn't help; phone connected to charger doesn't help. Delete and reinstall app doesn't help

The 2nd biggest reason I even USE dropbox is for the camera uploads function and now it's broken.

I have checked everywhere for a stray setting - anything. Not sure what the most recent iphone app upgrade "improved", but it has broken my camera uploads ...
Any other places to check on???

thanks

josalbertoberja
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have the same problem. I have done all the things that they have told me, and the problem continues. I await an urgent solution please.

urbanracer34
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Megan!

I am using Camera Uploads on my end, not manually.

Devices have plenty of room on them. I have turned on and off Camera Uploads to no effect. 

josalbertoberja
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dropbox has already acknowledged the issue on its support page:  https://status.dropbox.com/

benjrh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello there. I am on iOS -- also experiencing the same problem and came on here to look. After the recent update from 2 days ago to the app, the camera upload is no longer working and just "hangs" with the same number of pending items. I have rebooted my phone many times, restarted the app, and turned camera upload on and off.

josalbertoberja
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I think the problem has already been solved!

TangoMarkBravo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yep, seems to have worked for me, uploaded normally just now.

Need more support?