cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working - alternating between files

Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working - alternating between files

urbanracer34
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am on the latest iOS and Dropbox for my iPhone 13. Dropbox 324.2 and iOS 16.4.1

I noticed that it was going forth between 5 and 4 photos left. There is plenty of room in dropbox. Nothing has been uploaded. 

I followed the instructions mentioned here https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Storage-Space/Photo-backup-on-iPhone-isn-t-working/td-p/515471 for clearing the cache and rebooting. Still have the same issue and it won't give it up. 

Problem also exists backing up via cellular. 

Problem also persists after full delete and reinstallation of Dropbox on iPhone. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ppmartin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The problem has now been fixed 🤓

https://status.dropbox.com/

View solution in original post

42 Replies 42

David Edinburgh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

DropBox was OK until today.  Now, when I ask it to upload new photos it just loops with "Backing up..." "1", very briefly says "All done backing up", and then back to "Backing up..".  This repeats indefinitely.  If I take the photo in the Apple app and "Share" it with DropBox to the Camera Uploads folder it uploads but with the "IMG..." filename and not the usual date/time filename.  Have tried re-starting the iPad, re-installing DropBox etc.  Happens whether I have one new image or several (with several it's saying "Backing up... 9" etc.  DropBox version 324.2.2.  Basic account.  Space used 34.2% of 6 GB.  Backup: New photos only.  Internet connection fine.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @urbanracer34, let's jump right into this! 

You mentioned that the app is backing 4-5 photos left. Can you clarify if you're using camera uploads on your end, or manual uploads? 

Do you have enough available space on the device too? Provided that you're referring to camera uploads, have you tried turning them off, and then on again?

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @David Edinburgh, thanks for posting here today! 

Does this happen when you try to manually upload content, by clicking on the + sign, or when you use camera uploads? 

Have you also tried clearing the app's cache, in the app's settings? Lastly, do you have enough available space both in your Dropbox account, and in your device? 

If I were you, I'd also switch to cellular data, just to see if it makes any difference. 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

David Edinburgh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

- this only happens with automatic camera uploads.  If I select Files, Upload and add the photos manually it appears to work correctly, except that the file names have "photo" (IIRC) and a time/date name rather than the plain date/time format from automatic upload.

- I reinstalled DropBox on the iPad which I hoped would clear the cache.  Tested and it makes no difference.

- Tried cellular and it's just the same.

- Space is adequate on both the device and DropBox account.

On thing I've noticed is that the network upload from that device seems very much higher during this looping upload, as if the upload has gone to the network but not been acknowledged correctly, so the upload is repeated endlessly.  This was all OK until a day or two back.  

David

langshipley
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Hi, there is anyone else experiencing problems with Camera Uploads not working in the latest version of the Dropbox app for iOS. 

Dropbox app version 324.2

iOS version 16.4.1

The Dropbox app updated 2 days ago and since then Camera Uploads has stopped working. It keeps flicking between "all done for now" and X number of photos to upload, but it is not actually uploading and backing up.

Anyone else experiencing this and know how to fix it? I've already deleted and reinstalled the app, rebooted my phone, and of course, updated iOS to the latest version. None of that has worked. 

I've also checked with my husband who is on an iPhone and he has the same problem.

Help?

Go to solution

I have also the same. Updated all apps and iPhone and restarted and still not working. Hoping a quick fix. 

Adrian Stevenson
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same problem here. 

Adrian Stevenson
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same problem as you. All ok until yesterday and has not worked since.

Cipidos
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here. I already spend 2 days to try to solve the problem.
Dropbox, solve this issue ASAP please. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    langshipley Collaborator | Level 9
    Supanut L. Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?