cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red number by my dropbox icon

Red number by my dropbox icon

yorkccoh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Next to my drop icon in by toolbar on top of my Mac laptop is a red circle with a number one in it.  What is that and how do I get rid of it?  Thanks  in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
If it's ON the Dropbox icon, then that usually means there's a notification for you; a share invite or message from Dropbox, etc. Click the icon to open the Dropbox menu and you'll see a Notifications tab.

If it's next to the icon and not on it, then it's likely not Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @yorkccoh - welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to hear about this - could you verify that you are running our latest stable version (49.4.68 ) and share a screenshot so we can get a visual of this as well and provide next steps if needed? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
If it's ON the Dropbox icon, then that usually means there's a notification for you; a share invite or message from Dropbox, etc. Click the icon to open the Dropbox menu and you'll see a Notifications tab.

If it's next to the icon and not on it, then it's likely not Dropbox.

N2oyv
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I had the same issue. The red number is not in the accual app but it's a notification from your phone letting you know that a file was added or removed from your dropbox. On my android phone I opened the pull down notifications window at the top of my phone and acknowledged the dropbox notification. The red number on the dropbox app went away.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

N2oyv New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?