cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Folders & File Uploads from Secondary Emails

Shared Folders & File Uploads from Secondary Emails

MDLprod
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! I have been invited to a shared folder twice, to my personal gmail account which is my primary dropbox team and to a secondary email that is linked to my dropbox.  I am able to access the shared folder, however it is only showing my gmail as access not the secondary email. Do I have to "unlink" my primary to have my secondary actually a part of the shared folder?

I'm asking because I need to create a file upload link and I want the link to originate from my secondary email (not my gmail).

Help please and thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@MDLprod wrote:

I'm asking because I need to create a file upload link and I want the link to originate from my secondary email (not my gmail).

It doesn't work that way. It will always be your primary email.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@MDLprod wrote:

It doesn't work that way. It will always be your primary email.

MDLprod
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the confirmation, but that doesn't feel right because when I create a file upload request, there is a footer at the bottom that says the file will be uploaded to my "First name last name" dropbox account instead of the owner of the shared folder. Shouldn't the owner of the shared folder be the end point for the upload? For example, If the owner of the shared folder removed me, I would loose access to anything uploaded so why is my name on the footer? 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MDLprod, could you confirm that the behavior you're experiencing is different to what is described in this article?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MDLprod
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, my issue is different. I'm all set on having secondary emails. And Rich answered my base question, so technically my quesiton is answered but I was also commenting that I think we should be able to select a secondary email as the "sender" of a file request instead of the footer in the request saying it's coming from our personal name. I'm fine for now, but it would be a nice feature to add to future updates. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MDLprod Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?