cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared - Not Shared

Shared - Not Shared

DKNY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I want to share subfolder A-1, which sits inside folder A. I can't share subfolder A-1 because dropbox perceives that folder A is shared. My subscription doesn't allow for sharing of folders within shared folders.

But folder A isn't actually shared. Yes, the A folder icon has the little "two heads" sharing icon. But the "Who can access" column says only I can access folder A.

So, basically, I want to resolve the false-sharing issue with folder A, which I do not need to share, so that I am able to share subfolder A-1, which I need to share.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DKNY wrote:

But folder A isn't actually shared. Yes, the A folder icon has the little "two heads" sharing icon. But the "Who can access" column says only I can access folder A.

Actually it IS shared, just with you as the only member. You need to unshare the folder. Go into the Settings for the share (where you manage the access to the folder) and click Unshare folder.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DKNY wrote:

Actually it IS shared, just with you as the only member. You need to unshare the folder. Go into the Settings for the share (where you manage the access to the folder) and click Unshare folder.

DKNY
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

That seems to have done it. Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DKNY Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?