cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing not working with Team members

Sharing not working with Team members

AIngram
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Sharing between team members is not working. Another team member is trying to share a folder with me but it is not showing up in my user nor am I getting notifications that a folder was shared with me. Since I'm an admin I can see this team members activity and it shows that they shared the folder with my user. This same team member shared a folder with me two days ago and everything worked like normal. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AIngram
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the follow up, but it looks like the issue fixed itself. The team member was able to share the folder with me yesterday. I'm not sure why, but everything seems to be back to normal. I'll reach out if it happens again. Thank you! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @AIngram, sorry to hear about this.

Could you clarify if you're both able to see the folder on the website and if there's any other member on the team who's affected by this?

Does it happen with all folders they share with your or only this specific one?

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

AIngram
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am not able to see the folder on the website, desktop, or mobile. And the system never notified me that the folder was shared with me. Only the team member that created the folder is able to see it. So far it's just this folder and this team member. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying, @AIngram!

The team member that you mention, are they able to see the folder both on the website and the desktop app? 

Also, has this folder been shared with other team members? I’d like to check if this is affecting other users as well, so that we can isolate this further.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AIngram
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the follow up, but it looks like the issue fixed itself. The team member was able to share the folder with me yesterday. I'm not sure why, but everything seems to be back to normal. I'll reach out if it happens again. Thank you! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AIngram Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?