cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking 100s of photos without touching phone

Taking 100s of photos without touching phone

Steven B
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I want to photograph 100s of physical files, each containing over 100 pages, I want to then turn them into digital files, I'm doing this for an 85 year old who will need to go to a retirement home sometime this year, but can't take all his belongings.

I have a good quality android phone, and a macbook, so I've downloaded the appropriate apps, and can take a photo on android phone and it automatically goes to dropbox on my mac.

I have purchased a stand (with light) to hold my phone in exactly the right place, and will use an A4 tray to place each sheet of paper to photograph, I will use a bluetooth device to tell camera to take photo.

The problem I have, dropbox keeps asking me questions, "Do you want to take a photo/video etc.", "is that photo good enough?" (x or tick).

My whole setup is to avoid having to touch or move the phone, but because of the questions, I can't do this.

Is there a way to set my dropbox to only take photos, and not to ask if the photo is ok?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Steven B wrote:

Is there a way to set my dropbox to only take photos, and not to ask if the photo is ok?

No.

Can you not just take the photos using your phone's camera app, and use the Camera Uploads feature in Dropbox to just upload all of your photos?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Steven B wrote:

No.

Can you not just take the photos using your phone's camera app, and use the Camera Uploads feature in Dropbox to just upload all of your photos?

Steven B
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Rich, I'll look into that.

'Can't see the forrest for the trees' comes to mind.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Steven B Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?