cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Android App stopped showing most recent version of file

Android App stopped showing most recent version of .txt file

Opus_the_Penguin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a Grocery List text file in the Dropbox folder on my PC that I also access on my phone via the app. The app has stopped pulling up the most recent version of the text file. Here are further details:

1. The app accurately tells me when the file was last changed. E.g. it currently says "modified 18 seconds ago." But when I open it, the file does not contain the changes from 18 seconds ago. Two hours later, it STILL won't.

2. If I tap the icon to create a link to the file and paste it into Chrome, the link will pull up the most recent version. But I cannot find any way in the app to refresh the file so that it shows that version, even though it's clearly out there. EXCEPT if I edit the file on my phone and save the changes, it will save it as a "conflicted copy" and will then update the display to show the most recent version of the original file.

3. Getting out of the Dropbox app and back in does not cause it to find the most recent version of the file, not even if I Force Stop the app and restart it.

4. Rebooting the phone does not cause the app to find the most recent version of the file.

5. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not fix the problem.

Anyone have any idea how this might be fixed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TrevorS
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

This issue has been fixed in the newest Android build Version 370.

Thank you for reporting and sorry for the delay!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Opus_the_Penguin wrote:

Anyone have any idea how this might be fixed?

Hi @Opus_the_Penguin,

The only way is Dropbox development to fix it, of course. You may try work it around by clear the application cache either within the application itself or the phone settings. So, the cached version gets wipe out. On next try to open the file  - new (up to date) version should appear. 😉 Practice this till Dropbox fixes it up.

Good luck.

00_ghost_00
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also use a grocery text file, and this just started happening to me too.

Clearing cache and rebooting didn't work for me either.

There is a workaround until the devs fix this. You can install another text editor, then use the ... menu to choose "open with", then choose the other text editor.

Opus_the_Penguin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Good to get confirmation that it's not just me and that it's a recent change! Hopefully it will sort itself out. I mostly edit the file on my PC, so my workaround is to keep the web link to the file open in a Chrome tab on my phone. Refreshing that always gives me the most recent list.

If I want to edit it on my phone, I can pull up the (not most recent file), make a small edit, and save it. That will save as a new file that I can now delete and when I pull up the original, it now has the most recent version.

TrevorS
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

This issue has been fixed in the newest Android build Version 370.

Thank you for reporting and sorry for the delay!

Need more support?