cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Folder Access "Only You"

Dropbox Folder Access "Only You"

BAIntern
Explorer | Level 3

I've uploaded documents into previously created folders that cannot be accessed by anyone other than me. In the file under "Members," it says "Only You." When I send the link, it is accessible, but when other users go into the folders, the uploads are not there. How can I allow others to see what I have uploaded? Do I need to delete these files and re-upload? Thanks for any help!

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @BAIntern, thanks for messaging today!

Shared links in general can be accessed by anyone, depending on the permissions you give on the link itself.

Regarding your query, how to people 'go into the folders'? Are they trying to view the folders directly on your account?

Are you referring to sharing the folders directly to their own Dropbox accounts?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BAIntern
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Jay,

Thanks for your response. Others are trying to view the folders from their own account because the folders are supposed to be accessible to all. So for example, I uploaded files into a folder, and no one else is able to see it except for me. I am not trying to “share” the folders, I just want others using the dropbox to be able to see what I have uploaded. Hopefully thats a little clearer. Thanks for your help!

Jay
Dropbox Staff
From your description, it does sound like you want to share the folder, but are using shared links to do so instead.

Shared links to the folders work even if you don't have a Dropbox account.

Could you clarify exactly how they're trying to 'access your folders'? Are they only using the shared links you provide, or are they trying to open those folders from within their own Dropbox account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

BAIntern
Explorer | Level 3

There is one dropbox link that all employees are able to access. For them, under the "Members" tab, it shows a multiple number of members who can access the folders, edit, rename, etc. When I click this same link and access the folders, under the "Members" tab, it says "Only You." So it seems as if I am isolated from the other members, which probably precipitates this issue. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
In order to understand what page you're looking at, could you attach screenshots from your account and their account of what they're seeing? 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    BAIntern Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?