cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper document lose formatting on Android

Dropbox Paper document lose formatting on Android

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

For the last couple of weeks the Paper app on Android has been acting up, I have several documents with formatting, mainly bullet list and pictures, when I tried to edit a document already in Paper I lose all of the formatting and even the pictures, I had to go to the desktop version an roll back to a previous version of the document, I can not edit or create new documents with formatting, my android version has been working good for years and all of the sudden I have this issue that is really inconvenient because I really need to use my phone or tablet to work on my documents, I'm not in front of my laptop all day.

I already uninstalled the Paper and the Dropbox apps a couple of times and reinstalled with no luck.

Any ideas of what might be the problem?

40 Replies 40

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

@LuciLouWho  

no solution to my issue yet, I did uninstall the PAPER app a couple of times I even uninstalled the DROPBOX app with no luck.

LuciLouWho
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am having the EXACT same issue Dropbox, please fix!  Thank you!

LuciLouWho
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I received this from Dropbox in email.  I've completed the screen recording and sent to them and indicated you were having same issue, but wanted to share with you to perhaps do this as well.

Aiden, Feb 22, 2022, 10:18 PM PST:

Hi,

Thanks for trying that, and letting me know it didn't work!

Are we able to get a screen recording showing the issue as it happens?
I can then bring this to our engineering teams.

Record your phone screen:

1. Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
  2. Tap Screen record 

• You might need to swipe right to find it.
    • If it's not there, tap Edit 

and drag Screen record 

to your Quick Settings.
  3. Choose what you want to record and tap Start. The recording begins after the countdown.
  4. To stop recording, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Screen recorder notification 

Find screen recordings:
  1. Open your phone's Photos app 

2. Tap Library 

Movies.

You should then be able to attach the recording to an email reply.
If you upload it to Dropbox.com, you can share a link to the recording in your reply, so long as it's set to be visible to everyone.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Aiden

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Hi @Walter, I posted some screenshots about the issue, have you been able to find out was going on, please advise, like I mentioned before issue started about 4 weeks ago, my existing documents lose all formatting like bullet list and pictures when I try to edit it on Android phone PAPER app I had to roll back to a previous version on my desktop, so far I haven't been able to edit any of my documents on my Android phone and the ability to use my mobile is the main reason why I use PAPER and DROPBOX.

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Hi @LuciLouWho, was the issue fixed for you? I haven't had any luck, still can't edit my existing documents or create new ones with bullet list of pictures. I did a screen recording like you mentioned showing the issue, but I can't submit it on this conversation using my phone. To upload pictures or videos I need to do it on my laptop, please let me know if you have better luck.

LuciLouWho
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I submitted it via email to my tech Aiden, now he's indicating this:

Thanks for sending that through, I've raised this with our engineering teams to investigate.
Can you reply with the community article regard this one?
I can link that into the task I've raised with our engineering teams.
Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Aiden

I'll await to hope the engineering teams can figure it out and attempt to get the video screen shot onto my desktop computer so I can insert it here.  UGH!  Getting quite upset with all of this.

LuciLouWho
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Aiden, helping me via email, requested I send a screen shot recording of the issues, but that is not a valid format to attach, jpeg only!  I did send it via the email to him.  Please assist!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @LuciLouWho, thanks for the nudge on this.

I've found your ticket on our system and passed your comments on there, so we can have all the information under one place.

Our experts will be getting back to you soon. 

Also, sorry to hear this persists for you @JGHouston - would you like me to send you an email to investigate further? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
@Walter I contacted chat support a few days ago this is my ticket #15859522, I've been emailing Olivia on this issue, but no fix to my issue yet, I even emailed a screen recording showing how the PAPER app is acting. Unfortunately I'm not in front of my laptop all day, that is why the phone app is so important for my line of work. Please get this fix as soon as possible.

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
I already sent a screen recording to Olivia who I contacted via chat support, I was able to submit the recording from my laptop but not from my phone. The mobile version of this discussion won't have the option to submit pictures or videos.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

zwickysarkozy Helpful | Level 5
    mahobbo Helpful | Level 5
    JGHouston Helpful | Level 7
What do Dropbox user levels mean?