cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper document lose formatting on Android

Dropbox Paper document lose formatting on Android

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

For the last couple of weeks the Paper app on Android has been acting up, I have several documents with formatting, mainly bullet list and pictures, when I tried to edit a document already in Paper I lose all of the formatting and even the pictures, I had to go to the desktop version an roll back to a previous version of the document, I can not edit or create new documents with formatting, my android version has been working good for years and all of the sudden I have this issue that is really inconvenient because I really need to use my phone or tablet to work on my documents, I'm not in front of my laptop all day.

I already uninstalled the Paper and the Dropbox apps a couple of times and reinstalled with no luck.

Any ideas of what might be the problem?

40 Replies 40

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
I'm also using Android phone, didn't change the keyboard, the app was working great until a couple of months now, DROPBOX is taking to long to fix this issue

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @LuciLouWho  & @JGHouston - sorry to hear you're still having issues with this.

I just wanted to let you know that the team is looking into this and we'll make sure to keep you posted once we have an update.

If you have anything to add or ask in the meantime, you can refer to the ticket you have with our support team. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
@Walter Any updates on this issue? I haven't been able to use the PAPER app and time is passing by with no news from DROPBOX, I use this app for work so it's really important for me to get it working properly ASAP.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @JGHouston, happy Monday! 

Trust to know that the moment we have any updates on this, we'll definitely share them with you in this thread. For now, things remain the same, while our team works on this. 

Thank you for your enduring patience. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LuciLouWho
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Did DropBox put some sort of limit on allowable characters/information per document, recently? I removed information out of a large document and it is now formatting correctly, buy the larger ones are not!?

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
@LuciLouWho thanks for sharing this info, looks like DROPBOX can't figure out a solution for this issue after a couple of months still haven't heard anything from the DROPBOX team.
You are right, I created a new Document and formatting works good with fewer information.

mahobbo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Does this issue coincide with the OS update of your Android device? My phone was just updated to Android 13 and this formatting issue started occurring.

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
It has been a while since started having this problem, my Samsung Galaxy Note has Android 12, hasn't been updated to Android 13

mahobbo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I changed default keyboard from Samsung to gboard which resolved the issue outright. Really interesting on a Samsung device? So what is the default keyboard & why is it apparently bound so much with Google?

zwickysarkozy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I changed my keyboard setting to Gboard and it fixed the issue for me too!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

zwickysarkozy Helpful | Level 5
    mahobbo Helpful | Level 5
    JGHouston Helpful | Level 7
What do Dropbox user levels mean?