cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Vault won't give me access!!!

HELP! Vault won't give me access!!!

Walk Humongous
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I just set up Vault yesterday. I put in my most sensitive documents. I accessed them today and then "poof" I'm not allowed to access them. I can put in my correct password and it lets me in to the next stage but doesn't show my folders in Vault and says "you don't have permission to edit this folder. Contact a folder admin to get access"  I noticed this first when trying to upload something to Vault on my phone, the phone couldn't access it anymore, then on my desktop.  I can lock Vault and then unlock it fine.  

It appears there is no longer phone support from Dropbox and the nobody was available on chat so they asked me to send an email, which I did.  I need this fixed asap and need some support from Dropbox. Very frustrating.

I'm worried all my most important files are gone!!!

31 Replies 31

tp503
Explorer | Level 4

I enabled the Vault this morning. Successfully created a PIN, and was able to move important files to and from it on desktop and browser. It became locked a few times with inactivity, and was able to unlock it with the PIN. I came back to it a few hours later to retrieve a file, this time on the mobile application. Entered my PIN and it said I don't have permission. I then went to the desktop application, entered my PIN, and it too said "you don't have permission to edit this folder. Contact a folder admin to get access." Then I went to the browser, entered my PIN, and it became stuck in a loop that constantly tries to reload the page. I just moved my most valuable and important files to this and now cannot access them. What is going on?

ramolina
New member | Level 2
As of 30min ago I cant access my Vault on the Android app.. I can on the web browser.
My vault comes up empty on the app

The vault

Eddie B.
Explorer | Level 4

I have set up a vault under my login through Safari and dropbox.com.  When logged in under the same account on my iPhone I cannot open the same vault.  I get the error message "You're not currently a member of this folder. For access, ask you Admin."  As I am the Admin and I am logged in as the Admin, why can't I open my vault?

mistah_mattg
New member | Level 2

I'm currently having an issue where the Vault folder doesn't seem to open and work at all.

Tried 3 different browser and also on my laptop. When I open the Vault via the webpage the page is stuck on a refresh loop and doesn't even prompt the passcode screen. It just sits there like its refreshing the page constantly and repeating it on loop.

On the desktop app I get a notice that says that I don't have permission to edit the folder and to contact the folder admin to get access. I am the admin and I'm on the admin account.

I have no idea what is going on and wondering if anyone has experience this before...

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi there @tp503, thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

I just wanted to check back with you and ask if you're still having trouble with this?

If you are, could you send me a screenshot of any error messages that are still popping up? 

Also, if you haven't already, could you try out a different browser in case that does the trick?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

stephenko
Explorer | Level 4

I'm experiencing exact same issue: endless looping on browser, no admin permission on app. 

Dropbox, would really appreciate it if you could fix this soon as it's a critical issue for us. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hello @Walk Humongous, let's see what we can do here. 

Are you also having trouble accessing your Vault from the website by any chance?

Also, your Support options depend on the sort of account that you have, and you can find yours by going to this page

If you've already submitted a ticket, could you let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can look into this for you?

Give me a shout whenever you've had the chance to check this out. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

bbdp
New member | Level 2

I'm currently having the same problem. I can't access my Vault folder on both my PC and my smartphone. I can't access it from the website either. 

rachnatrehan
New member | Level 2

I am facing the same issue. The Vault folder shows no access. Please fix ASAP.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    ss31 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Bckz3828 New member | Level 2
    CommunityUser New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?