cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: opera browser

Issues on opera browser

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dear community

From my point of view DB's performance decreases continuously - new features instead of old features working properly - and all time!

Newest problem is: Since some days when choosing (setting a hook) a file, the options-headliner (download, shift, etc.) vanish, respectively are not there at all. Also the three dots and mouse-over features (e.g. copy link) are not there anymore.

I have not changed anything within my browser (latest opera) - so what happend?

Furthermore allow me to bring forward: A such common and widespread programm like DB, which demands to help sharing content between several own devices and the whole world, should be programmed in a way simple, that there are no compatibility issues with different browsers!

KR

18 Replies 18

exxovest
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had this issue lately. I'm using Opera browser, it cannot display image files stored in dropbox. I stored all image files in dropbox. When i tried to select any of the files, error message Error message "Something went wrong on our end." "there was a problem completing this request". Bit when i tried on other browser(firefox/chrome), it works.

what i've tried(all of these fails, with error same as i've described above)

- reinstalling opera(latest version)

- uninstalling opera, removed all saved data, reinstall opera version 90 & 91

- restart pc, restart modem/router

- tried on a different PC

I suspect something is not right with my dropbox account.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @exxovest, sorry to hear about this.

I just merged your post under this discussion as they seem to be related.

When it comes to the issue at hand, I'd recommend using a supported browser while making sure that there's no extension or plugin that could be causing issues.

I hope this helps a tad. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It even gets worse.

Since yesterday attempting to open a folder out of the main board, the appears an error notice saying "something went wrong on our side".

Later there came an upgrade for opera, but obviously this has nothing to do with this - neither the former version, nor the new one changed something about this new error.

Anyway - DB itself says "on our side".

So what happend???

Kind regards,

Chris

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Chris L, let's jump right into this! 

Have you tried a different browser, or an incognito tab on your current one? If you can see your files on a browser, other than Opera without an issue, then this might be a browser specific issue.

Sometimes this could be the result of a security setting or a plugin installed there. Can you visit our website on a browser without any active plugins and see if that changes the behavior? 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

andyotto
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having this issue suddenly with Opera though it works in Safari. In Opera I disabled ads/blockers, etc. No idea why this is happening. Even doesn't work in an incognito window.

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Honestly i hate getting asked about my browser, when the changes producing faults come obviously from DB.

I think there is a difference between opera generally not being a supported browser, and programming faulty changes for no reasonable benefit!

Kind regards,
Chris

NJT145
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I see so many errors on other browsers' dev tools, so it is normal to see some bugs on some browsers.

Devs, please try to eliminate them, try to avoid deprecated code and STOP MAKING SO MUCH POST REQUESTS THAT FAILS AND CAUSES ERRORS...

db.png

Look at that... WebSocket connection errors, invalid POST calls, why?

Try to fix these errors, and I guess it wil work MORE browsers than you thought...

[I see these errors on Microsoft Edge which is one of supported browsers, or it must be...]

Chris L
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello

On my side it works with opera again - without changes from my side - so thanks to DB-Programmer for fixing! 😁

Kind regards,

Chris

p.s.: Aside, the popup-menus do not change position, when the space e.g. below the file decreases.

sprocket003
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Same here!

Need more support?