cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page turner pedal on iPad isn't turning the pages

Page turner pedal on iPad isn't turning the pages

Greg Knowles
Explorer | Level 3

I have used a Cicada Page Flip pedal for many years to turn pages on song lyrics in Dropbox files on my iPad. Suddenly the pedal does not turn the pages, even though it instantly connects via Bluetooth and no preferences have changed. Any ideas what's up?

32 Replies 32

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Greg Knowles, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please let me know if you've made sure that your device's OS is up to date?

Also, have you rebooted your iPad at all lately?

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Greg Knowles
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I have re-booted, checked preferences, batteries, the phases of the moon and the Page Flip folks did a review and said the pedal is fine. It has to be the iPad. No changes to anything, so I am baffled.

Greg Knowles
Explorer | Level 3

I recently loaded iOS 15.4.1 and I wonder if that could have caused the issue, but nothing on the Apple site indicates a preference change or other problem. The Page Flip folks had me do some tests and the pedal is performing as it should. But it will no longer turn pages in Dropbox text files. I am baffled.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional details, Greg - most appreciated.

It might be due to the recent OS update on your device, but,  just out of curiosity, have you tried clearing the app's cache on your iPad or trying the pedal on another device?

Also, have you tried a different wifi or cellular data?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Greg Knowles
Explorer | Level 3

It doesn’t work on other WiFi systems, and after 30 minutes on Apple support, they say I may have to delete the Dropbox app and start over. They said the new OS probably had nothing to do with it. I just finished resetting all preference to factory, and it still doesn’t work. Next call is to Dropbox. Although they are not easy to reach. Thanks for your suggestions. I will try the pedal on another iPad and see what happens.

Greg Knowles
Explorer | Level 3

It works perfect on another iPad. Apple Support thinks it’s the Dropbox app, and that I should try everything else, then uninstall the app and start over. I will lose all data, but have backups. I’ll let you know if I’m successful.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Sure thing, Greg - just keep me posted with any updates.

And while we're at it, note that uninstalling the app won't be affecting any of the files you've stored in Dropbox. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Greg Knowles
Explorer | Level 3

I deleted the app, reloaded it, the pedal locked onto Bluetooth immediately, and it still won’t turn a page on this iPad. 

Greg Knowles
Explorer | Level 3

I see nowhere at all that Dropbox has preferences as to page turns or alternate keyboard commands. I am on a freebie, so I get no tech support at all, just this forum. Frustrating doesn’t even begin to touch this. I assume the app that is based on photo storage would have a function that flips thru photos. Dropbox worked so incredibly well for so long, and dozens of my friends are using it successfully with various page turner pedals, so what’s up? I am using less than 2% of the available 2GB, so that can’t be it. Anyone?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jtbalin New member | Level 2
    SHAcoustics Helpful | Level 5
    Greg Knowles Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?