cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Recover files deleted more than 30 days ago

Recover files deleted more than 30 days ago

hhujix
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If I migrate to a paid plan, is it possible to recover deleted files for more than 30 days with the free account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

I am afraid, if the files were deleted when you were on basic/free plan, the deleted files would stay for 30 days. Upgrading to a paid plan later won't affect the length of history retaintion for the files that were previously deleted.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

I am afraid, if the files were deleted when you were on basic/free plan, the deleted files would stay for 30 days. Upgrading to a paid plan later won't affect the length of history retaintion for the files that were previously deleted.  

hhujix
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
That's what I think too, I just wanted to confirm 😥

Tks

hallyt74
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi there,  

It would seem I have accidentally exceeded the size limit on my account.   Coincidentally, I seem to have lost access to a very important and legally required log book (excel spreadsheet).  Would this file have been removed by Dropbox? 

I can't find it in the 30 day history of deleted items, even though I am certain I have accessed the file more recently than that. 

I have upgraded my account to Dropbox professional to access up to 180 days deleted history, but my account is still only making 30 days available. 

Further, despite the Professional account allegedly including email and live chat support, I am unable to work out how to access this support. 

Can anyone help me?

Thanks, 

Tim

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi Tim

One of two things has happened - if it was deleted over 30 days ago then no, its impossible to recover. You'll need to use your other backup methods I'm afraid. 

OR if you were over quota syncing simply stops and so it wont actually be on Dropbox's servers - although it would be locally on your machines in the Dropbox folder. They should then start syncing to Dropbox once you upgrade, but, that would only be anything left in Dropbox - anything you removed out of the folder wouldnt (i.e. accidental deletion). 

www.dropbox.com/events will give some clues as to what has/has not happened. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Arun kumar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
My past some photos and vedios deleted accidentally its over 30 days.
If any possibility to restore my files
Its important please help me..

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Arun kumar wrote:
My past some photos and vedios deleted accidentally its over 30 days.
If any possibility to restore my files

Unfortunately, no. If you deleted files more than 30 days ago they can no longer be recovered.

Need more support?