cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to move large amount of files

Trying to move large amount of files

TkashasTreasures
New member | Level 2

Hello, 

I am trying to move/copy/download approx. 216gb of files onto a new, larger external drive. Is there ANY way possible to multi-select/check off chunks of files into groups small enough to do that or will I be relegated to checking off each individual file? Were talking over 14,500 files! I have neither the time nor inclination to do the latter. Every time I 'select all' I get an error message, telling me too many files have been selected . . . but I really don't want to have to check each file, watching to see how many or large the files are that I've checked off, to keep it under the 50gb move/copy limit. Please tell me there is a way to multi-check files, so I can get them moved. Thanks.

TK

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@TkashasTreasures wrote:

I really don't want to have to check each file, watching to see how many or large the files are that I've checked off, to keep it under the 50gb move/copy limit.

You can select multiple files at once by selecting the first file and then shift-clicking another file and all files in between will be selected. However, you still need to track how many files your selecting and their size, to stay within the limits.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?