cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing - How do I cancel my subscription? No instructions I see apply to what I see on my screen

Billing - How do I cancel my subscription? No instructions I see apply to what I see on my screen

ACarpenter215
Explorer | Level 3

How do I communicate directly with someone from Dropbox? I need to cancel my account so it quits trying to charge me. I never intended to keep anything past the free trial but now I’m stuck. I can’t seem to cancel. Instructions I find on how to do this don’t apply to what I see on my screen. The only thing keeping me from being charged month after month is that my billing information needs to be updated on my apple account, which I don’t dare to do bc Dropbox will then have a way to charge me. I can’t find a way to communicate directly with Dropbox about this. I’m beyond frustrated.

4 Replies 4

Re: Billing - How do I cancel my subscription? No instructions I see apply to what I see on my scree

Rich
Super User II

@ACarpenter215 wrote:

The only thing keeping me from being charged month after month is that my billing information needs to be updated on my apple account ...

You started the subscription on your Apple device? If so, Dropbox doesn't have control over your subscription; Apple does, and you control the subscription through your Apple account on the device.

Re: Billing - How do I cancel my subscription? No instructions I see apply to what I see on my scree

ACarpenter215
Explorer | Level 3
“Cancel subscription” is not an option. It shows up nowhere on that screen.

Rich
Super User II

@ACarpenter215 wrote:
“Cancel subscription” is not an option. It shows up nowhere on that screen.

Then you'll need to contact Apple for assistance. Dropbox has no control over the subscription process on Apple devices.

ACarpenter215
Explorer | Level 3
Will do. It’s shameful that Dropbox is nearly impossible to troubleshoot anything with. I’ve reached out twice on their website and have gotten no response. The chatbot is useless. I’ve sent a private message on Facebook. Nothing. Having to rely on other users’ replies is ridiculous. Thank you for your responses.
Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?